UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could Do With Good Thoughts Please

BillyMalc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Best of luck at the vets for a "minor infection" / similar type diagnosis :flowers:

We're back. Thanks so much for all your good wishes and thoughts :flowers:

Ian - and everyone else wishing the same: unfortunately it's not a "minor infection", the vet wasn't too happy with how it looks :( It does look like the tumour has come back and it's spreading. Not fast, but still. She did say that this was the worst it had looked so far. The fact that we've just had a relatively care free 6 months isn't that much of a solace really. Anyway, we've been sent off with a course of different AB's (Rilexine) and a course of Prednicare (prednisolone) for 2 weeks, after which we're to report back. There is a chance that all it will take to nip this in the bud (for the time being) is the 2 week course of AB's/prednisolone, and that we'll have at least another 6 months, but there is also a chance of the opposite - which is what I'm trying my hardest not to think about. But has anyone ever told you to "not think of a pink elephant"? :mecry:

Sorry the news couldn't be better :( There's little point telling you not to worry - you're bound to do that I know but I do hope that the med's will bring you some more positive news over the next fortnight.

In the meantime all I can say is try to enjoy every moment together & good luck :flowers:

Be strong Billy :flowers: Sending you and Mal my most powerful positive thoughts. :GroupHug:

Re. "pink elephants", you're right; there's nothing anyone can say to stop you thinking of them - I'm just the same and Sol isn't even poorly! :wacko: I simply know that he can't live forever and the thought is unbearable if I let myself dwell on the fact. It's the one thing that impinges on my enjoyment of him and in the cold light of day, utterly foolish (not implying for one second that you're being foolish btw).

Enjoy the boy to the max, value your unique friendship and try to live "in the moment". Whether his time with you is limited or long, you have the privilege of experiencing a relationship that some will never know. :flowers:

Fingers crossed that the meds regime coupled with the great diet and lifestyle you provide will prove effective.