UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Herts Based Walk?.....Great wood - EN6 4BH

krusewalker

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, he says hes puttng it in his diary :biggrin:

Chris and I will be there with Michigan, may or may not have his son with us but it will depend on his mum (its his birthday the day before so he may be all tuckered out) and might bring barney the yorkie with us but we will see nearer the time.

Looking forward to it :flowers:

Reckon we will be able to make this with our 7; Anne may well remember us, although think that was back in the day when we 'only' had 4 hounds....

I am still jalous of the way your gang of dogs trundled away ever so nicely, all on the lead, no pulling from anyone :rolleyes: .. I need greyhounds!!!! :laugh:

Meeeeeeeeeeee ----- Im going to try and book the day off work at the weekend and if they agree i will be there :) :) :)

yay!! :biggrin:

Looking forward to meeting you Ramsey, with or without children and yorkies lol :happy:

So looking forward to seeing everyone and their dogs! :pinkie:

I am now breaking out in cold sweat at the thought of my dogs showing me up and behaving awfully! Please, no one let your dogs sniff Akitas bum, unless they have been naughty anyway and need a good telling off :laugh:

I am still jalous of the way your gang of dogs trundled away ever so nicely, all on the lead, no pulling from anyone :rolleyes: .. I need greyhounds!!!! :laugh:

yay!! :biggrin:

Looking forward to meeting you Ramsey, with or without children and yorkies lol :happy:

So looking forward to seeing everyone and their dogs! :pinkie:

I am now breaking out in cold sweat at the thought of my dogs showing me up and behaving awfully! Please, no one let your dogs sniff Akitas bum, unless they have been naughty anyway and need a good telling off :laugh:

I'm only going to bring Bertie, Indy will have a hissy fit with so many different breeds, I'm afraid he is very breedist! Rio won't enjoy so many dogs either, she'll be exhausted with all the refereeing she'd need to do, she may be a lurcher but the collie in her is very strong. So it will just be Bertie the hooligan who hopefully will be so overwhelmed with so many dogs that he'll go into wimp mode, whether he does hooligan or wimp he's pretty good at playing with dogs who want to play and avoiding those that don't.

this is SOOOOOO cooool!!!!

one snag though.....i multimpapped Great Wood from our house.

i thought it might be a mile or 2 for anne and I and our 3 girls to walk to get the wood.....

....its more like 5 miles!!!!

can any drivers accomadate us, otherwise we aint gonna make our own event :worried_anim:

the other alternative would be to change the venue.

behind our village...welham green...is another big wood called Millward wood, which merges into Hatfield park.

this is a very big area, but may be busier, as it borders the main town of Hatfield.

what do folks think?

Hmm how many dogs do you have between you and sizes :wink:

I have a van. Will have 2x 36" crates in the back with Mich in one and 3 seats with friend in one. Not sure whether her dog will be in the other crate or on a harness on a seat so would have either 2 seats free with dogs on laps or 1 seat and 1 crate :wacko:

Hmm how many dogs do you have between you and sizes :wink:

I have a van. Will have 2x 36" crates in the back with Mich in one and 3 seats with friend in one. Not sure whether her dog will be in the other crate or on a harness on a seat so would have either 2 seats free with dogs on laps or 1 seat and 1 crate :wacko:

hi ramsey, we have 3 dogs. all medium shepherd sizes. you can see them on danish pastry's signature

I can do the following combination if its feasible.

1 person passenger front seat

1 person back seat with two dogs, wearing harnesses they can be plugged in!

1 dog behind the dog guard but would have to be happy to share space with Bertie who will also be behind the dog guard

The only thing is will 2 dogs and a person fit on the back seat, we are talking about a Cherokee Jeep.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Just wondered if this walk is still going ahead, and if so, at which location?

Am very excited as should be getting my first fosterlings this Friday so would love to bring them along and meet you.

Apologies if I have missed another thread re. this walk.

:biggrin: