UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

JeannieC

Hello everyone.

My name is Jean, often called Jeannie, JeannieC or JeanJeannie. Very nearly almost 62.

I'm retired, husband, Brian, still working.

We have five Dachshunds, Sam, a smooth-haired red is about 12-ish at least, he came to us from Rochdale RSPCA just over nine years ago.

We lost four Dachsies in 363 days back in 2001/2002, two from the RSPCA in Oldham and two that we had bought as puppies. Just before the last of the four died we got another one, from Dachsie Rescue because Sam was known to suffer badly from separation anxiety.

We then got two puppies, we'd had such a run of sick dogs that we thought we'd have a good chance of having healthy dogs for a good few years, especially as I was nearing reitrement. Huh, I ended up with Solo, our beautiful silver dapple longhaired Dachsie and he has liver disease! Ah well, someone has to look after them and it may as well be me!

The two puppies were Solo and Saffron, a mini wirehair.

Then we were offered Solo's mummy, Polly, a little black-and-tan longhair.

That brought us up to five, which is part of our email addy.

Then Solo's half-sister, Saffy, came to stay for about three weeks and Brian wanted to keep her, but never said anything until the day before she was going back to the breeder, who had become a good friend.

Then, in August 2006, Sammy died, the one who came from Dachsie Rescue. He was about 12-ish when he died, we didn't really know how old he was but we know that he had been expected to die three years before. We'd had him for four years.

So Brian kept saying that we had a vacancy and when Saffy had puppies on the last day of our holiday in May last year, the 'Reserved' sticker was put on Shani's tummy!

I joined this group after I was sent the info on Snoopy, the little old chap who is looking for a home. I would so dearly love to look after him for however long he has left but Brian keeps saying 'no'. :mecry:

If only Snoopy was nearer to me and Brian could accidentally meet him! I don't understand him, he wanted Saffy to stay and that would have brought us up to six but now he uses that as the excuse for not applying for Snoopy - we've got five and that's our email addy!

So, if anyone knows how to cast a spell on him to make him consider Snoopy - you know what to do! :wink:

JeannieC

Hello, Jean, and welcome to The Refuge :wavey:

What a wonderful family it sounds like you have :wub: I have a bit of a soft spot for daxies :wub:

You are aware that photos of your fur family are compulsory, don't you? :wink:

And as soon as I know how to post them you will see them! Especially my old boy, Sam, who is at least 12.

I posted this intro in the wrong place........ :wacko: it should've been on the forum especially to introduce new members!

Oh dear, I'm doing doing very well, am I?

JeannieC

And as soon as I know how to post them you will see them! Especially my old boy, Sam, who is at least 12.

I posted this intro in the wrong place........ :wacko: it should've been on the forum especially to introduce new members!

Oh dear, I'm doing doing very well, am I?

JeannieC

That is where you've posted, Jeannie :) See, you're doing fine :flowers:

If you have photos you'd like posted, then I am more than happy to put them up for you if you'd like to email them to me :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...
hi and welcome :wavey:

I have a mini wire haired daxi myself (Cliffy :wub: ) who rules the roost over

his big westie brother Archie and big sister Tessie (also a westie)

Pics here are obligatory btw :)

So sorry I've been MIA for a little while - three of my hounds were poorly, Sam, my oldie, was on a drip for three days and two nights. So things have been a bit fraught!

I will try to get some pics on, I know in one of the other threads I had mentioned it and I was waiting for a reply. Then a bug reared it's ugly little head!

JeannieC