UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Durham Animal Feeds

Rumpole

• 6 months later...

I used to use Landywoods but the way they pack things was a real hassle - 36 on an open cardboard box and lots of stuff was wrongly labeled (got load of turkey mince that was labelled tripe). Also if they ran out of anything they just sent a substitute which might be fine for some people but not if you have dogs that need special types of meat (i.e. low fat diet etc). Never had a problem with delivery though.

I now use DAF and I find them very good - they always answer emails (which Landywoods never did with me) and the meat is very good quality and similar price to Landywoods apart from the turkey necks which are v expensive but very big and meaty and I consider good value even so. Not keen on some of the bones but I don't get these from them - get them from my butcher. They have a good selection of minced meats and they are packed in closed cardboard boxes of 20 - great to handle if you have a few people joining. Also their dried tripe sticks are really fresh and good quality compared to the ones I used to get from AMP.

They deliver to me direct once a month (minimum order £40) and I am on the Manchester run (I think) as I'm on the Yorks/Lancs border. I think if they don't have to make a big detour on the run they will deliver direct as long as you give them a reasonable order. They are very reliable on delivery - everything seems to go dead smooth somehow compared to when Landywoods used to deliver. :)

Sorry you had such a bad time with Landywoods, I got my delivery from them this morning and it all seems fine, I'm still thinking of changing to DAF anyway cos the packaging etc with Landywoods is a bit of a pain and it will be handy to be able to get my muscle sticks/tripe sticks from the same place. I tend to order about £50 at a time anyway so I might be able to get them to deliver direct to me anyway, I'll give them a shout when I am cloer to needing my next delivery to see what they say