UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Refuge Ping Pong

tegk68

I fear this may be just me and my PC but just in case it's not....

The last two days when I have logged on here, I have been sent to every topic and section except the one I want! Not sure what is happening but when I scroll down the main page for example suddenly I'll find myself in Fundraising or a topic on knickers etc and I haven't clicked a thing! It's like my mouse has become supersensitive and if it goes near a link at all it can't help itself but have a look! What it all means is that I spend my time here hovering from one topic of discussion to another but never the one I want, thus trying to catch up or reply to things is nigh impossible.

Have had a look at other forums to see if the same thing is happening and so far it just seems to be The Refuge I'm having problems with.

Is my mouse trying to tell me to get off my arse and do some work perhaps?

Thanking you for any help you can give me :flowers: :biggrin:

Blimey! Have just been on a Refuge Grand Tour since writing the above!

Have unwittingly visited Homes Offered, Fundraising, Some post about poblems with Windows ME I think, Post Xmas Bargins thread, RDR Auction thread (excellent, would've read a bit more but then I was taken to the Transport Needed Section) and now I'm back here again :mecry:

Erm :wacko: Was wondering if you've changed a setting for your mouse somehow but then you said it's only happening on the Refuge, so that wouldn't make sense.

Have you tried closing down the browser window and opening a new one to see if that helps? I suspect you have. In which case you'll have to wait for someone who can actually help :unsure: :biggrin: :flowers:

Thank you for the enlightening and useful advice above....... :sleep: :laugh:

I have never p*ssed off any hamster in my entire life, so they have no business whatsoever being cross with me. However if they carry on being this pesky they soon might have a reason...

I have managed to post a couple of things in non dog section but not without visiting DNB forum, the Getting to Know you post and Fundraising again :rolleyes:

I want to hurl my mouse out of the window right now but appreciate that that will do know one any favours, especially the doves that are roosting on the windowsill.

Well congratuations Helen you are the first fugee with a technical problem that has me uttterly and officially flumoxed :wacko: :laugh:

I do strongly suspect it's something to do with your mouse but before we go down tha route first clear all cookies and temp folders and then log back in and see if it still happens.

have cleared cookies, temp internet files etc Snow and ARGHHHHH it's still doing it! My mouse especially likes me to visit Fundraising and Transport Needed sections....maybe it's a sign :unsure:

*sob*

music-wha.gif

Edited by tegk68

AH HA!!!!

Think I may have found out the problem

Something to do with changing the colour of the 'Skin' on here a few days ago. The 'Rustic' one seems to be a bit off colour and quite frankly insane! Instead of needing to click on the link to a sub section if you hover around the whole bar/row where the link is, the row changes colour to white and redirects you to that section without needing to click on the hyperlink? - are you following me :wacko:

Back on the default skin, everything, touch wood, seems to be OK :unsure:

Well, I still thnik it must be you who's a bit wierd :wacko:

I am muchly liking the noo rustic skin and it's not making my computer go funny (so pleeze don't upset the hamsters or they'll take it away) - and perhaps me with it? :unsure: