UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Help Needed........

Sirlurcherlot

I've been asked to help this dog....

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33878

The people who took him in are doing their best, but they aren't coping.They are feeding him Chappie as he's had diarrhoea, with Crab sticks- as I said fish was easy to digest!

He has now been castrated, thanks to a lovely member of this forum who paid the £25 fee.

However things are deteriorating, he chewed the settee, so is now kept outside most of the time, and the neighbours are complaining about the noise from 3 dogs in such a small house.

Can anyone set me off in the right direction? Any direction will do- it's got to be better than the circles I'm going in now. :unsure:

Any suggestions as to who I can try? He's in Yorkshire.

thanks.

Ok, this is going to probably sound stupid but I don't know the answer. I'm sure someone would know more....

If rescue kennels aren't full, would they generally accept a dog who was gifted to them?

The reason I ask is that the kennels I went to earlier today aren't full. Don't get me wrong, they're not sat twiddling their thumbs and they're not waiting for more dogs to come in but from what I see, they have space. They generally take strays from the Police and Dog Warden but I know they've accepted others.

I could call them tomorrow...? :unsure:

At the moment I'd be grateful for any "safe" place for him, but if they take for the council and police do they have a non-destruct policy?

He's got staffy in him, so he's not going to get out of any pound in 7 days. :mecry:

He is such a friendly little chap.

100% non-destruction. My ex-OH is fostering two dogs that were brought in as strays, served their seven days, and were then named and are looking for their forever home(s). They've also got a very, very snappy little terrier which I was worried that they'd give up on but they're working very hard with him and are slowly making a more friendly and less nervous lad of him.

I think they might be willing to help. There's no harm in asking. I'll PM you their website so you can have a look and, if you're happy, I'll give them a call in the morning.

At the moment I'd be grateful for any "safe" place for him, but if they take for the council and police do they have a non-destruct policy?

He's got staffy in him, so he's not going to get out of any pound in 7 days. :mecry:

He is such a friendly little chap.

Yep, the vets know about him, he's been in there today having his plums removed. :biggrin:

Blimey- this forum!!! I was in the middle of editing and its only let me do half.

I'll start again!!!

Mrs Mop- he's been at the vets, so yes they know about him, and I asked if they knew anywhere.

Peachy- I hope I didn't sound rude in any way- I totally trust your judgement, especially if you foster for them. Sorry I didn't mean to question the suitability of the kennel, I just feel very protective of him, because he is a staffy x. It seems to shut so many doors for him.

I'd be very grateful if you'd ring tomorrow, fingers crossed they may be able to help.

Did the vet have any ideas on what is causing the diarrhoea? and do you know how he reacts with other dogs

The people who have him now say he's fine with other dogs, and didn't bat an eyelid when we went into the vets with another dog there (so I guess they're telling the truth) He was fine with a rather rude lab, who had a rude owner- he just wagged his tail. He's very friendly towards people too.

The young couple who got him from the abusive owners let her mum look after him- so we know he's been fed for 2 mths, but has remained thin, and has diarrhoea. I have no reason to suspect parvo- no blood, no smell, he'd be dead after 2 mths!!!, and his temp is ok, he's bright in himself.

He's thin, so they give him rich dog food, and a pkt of digestive biscuits to feed him up. We're sure the diarrhoea is diet related, vet can't see anything wrong. I gave then some bland food, and told them just to give him that, so they did, with crab sticks- because I said fish is easy to digest.

So you see, they are trying their hardest, but don't really know what to do. Despite the crab sticks, he hasn't had diarrhoea for 48 hrs- since he's been put on the bland food (but he also fasted for his op so didn't eat last night)

The vet has also scraped some skin from his face as it was scabby, she couldn't see any mites so thinks it's just a dermatitis thing, but suggests to be on the safe side he's treated with advocate- but they have no money and it's £22.

He is a lovely friendly lad, who just nuzzles you for attention. :wub:

The vet has also scraped some skin from his face as it was scabby, she couldn't see any mites so thinks it's just a dermatitis thing, but suggests to be on the safe side he's treated with advocate- but they have no money and it's £22.

I would gladly send some advocate if you PM me your address

Sam

Just to prepare ourselves if you want me to arrange a transport run at some point. You'll need to pm me with the names, addresses including postcodes of both the family and the rescue/foster home. I will also need to know the hours rescue are open and the days they can take in doglet and the days the family will be available to hand doglet over.

:rolleyes: Was my phones playing up but reset the internet connection and it's all ok now.

Anyway, I've just spoken to the kennels and the lady who answered the phone is going to speak to the kennel owner now and call me back. She didn't sound very hopeful though :( but I hope that I'm wrong.