UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Meet And Greet Today

Yeti

The Beastly Beasts and friends were at Northampton Pets at Home today doing a Meet and Greet for Greyhound Gap.

0712220004w400.jpg

The Stand

We had lots of helpers and had a total of 10 dogs were there during the day.

A HUGE thank you to our helpers who were:

Morning Shift:

Jayne (a friend of ours)

Jessica, Charlotte and Tom (Jayne's children)

Marion (some of you will know her as ChickenTikka on other forums)

Ann and Norman with Josie

Afternoon Shift:

Sam and Mark Squirrel with Noah

All Day Shift:

Wanda with the very lovely Joey (the only Gap dog :) )

0712220006w400.jpg

Marion and Tom with Kai and Jack

And although they are our lot, I want to thank Kai, Monty, Jack, Troy, Lucy, Mack and Rosie - The Beastly Beasts.

The Gap gods were really kind to us today and the weather was really mild. We had a steady stream of people all day and there was hardly a moment when the hounds weren't being hugged or stroked - but they coped :biggrin:

As always, all the dogs were just brilliant. Their behaviour was impeccable and they were the real stars of the day.

0712220018w400.jpg

Wanda with Joey, Gill with Kai, and Mark with Noah, Lucy and Jack

It started getting dark about 4 and we thought perhaps it was time to call it a day, but there were still loads of people coming to see the dogs so we hung on for a bit. Then just before 4:30 it started to rain - we took the hint :biggrin:

Sooo - how much money did we raise? Well, all of the hounds that were there today deserve a very special big hug because each of them worked really hard - they were on their feet all day - and each one of them raised £70 for Gap - a total of £700.

So again, thank you so much to everyone that came along and helped to get such a great result, and to the people of Northampton for being so generous.

Chris

- they were on their feet all day -

I may have proof that that statement is not true :laugh:

Well done Chris , Gill and the Beasts for arranging this and putting up such a fab looking display and raising so much :biggrin:

Noah enjoyed himself very much and even tried to climb into the Beast Bus at the end of the day

Chris, thanks once again for turning out for Gap and everyone else who went, the hounds deserve extra chicken tonight, £700 is an extraordinary amount for a meet and greet, I am quite flumoxed! All we can say is a very very big thank you from Gap and all the hounds who will benefit. Thanks also to Sam, Mark, Wanda and Marion, just named the people I know. The people of Northampton were incredibly generous.

THANK YOU ALL :flowers: