UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dawlish Warren South West Dog Walk

selina

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting really excited about this now, haven't met up for an OC walk before, it's usually 20 Springer's causing chaos and mayhem (only kidding) on my meet up's.

We'll have to do a South West summer walk as well, perhaps we could organise a doggy beach party.

The great thing about doing a forum walk is that everybody has rescue dogs and everybody totally understands if you are working with a dog with issues :flowers:

You might be pleasantly surprised anyway. In my (very limited) experience sometimes dogs who are gits when they meet one dog are much better with a large group of dogs where they don't focus on any one in particular.

Hope you enjoy it, anyway :)

I more than happy for you to bring Max :biggrin: :flowers: Snatch doesn't do 'in your face' anyway, he prefers sniffing when the dog doesn't look and run around. Ruby does 'humping' but when told off by the humped dog she runs off :rolleyes: And I would think he is to big for her to be of interest anyway :laugh:

Titchy is looking worried :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't forget to say if you are meeting at Exeter Services, Travelodge car park at 11AM or at dawlish warren main car park (under the little railway bridge on the left) at 11.30 - 11.45.

Please make sure you have someones mobile number so if you're running late you can let someone know and we will wait for you.

Edited by selina

Hoping to get to this but it's a 3 hour run, and we're definitely not good at getting away anywhere on time. :unsure:

We usually get away for holidays 2 or 3 days late!! :rolleyes:

Robbie and Remmi would love it.

We always used to holiday there at Peppermint Park, and went in July (our first summer with R&R) just for a couple of days, and they loved the beach, it was there first summer with us.

Our old dogs used to loved it too, although in the summer you have to go on a far section of the beach, way outside lifeguard supervision (not good for the kids swimming safely or for when you meet up with friends who don't have dogs) and with no decent path for the last third of the way or stepped access to the sand (not good for those with limited mobility)...some of the reasons we've stopped going, along with the rising costs in general (mean OH) and for dogs on camping sites (£6 per night, limit of 2, and no exercise area....my mom asked if they fed them for £6 pn!!!!), and reduced availability because of sites having lots more static vans! GRRRRRRR!!!!!! Rant over!

I can just picture the look on Emma's face when she comes home and Buzz is here :rolleyes:

Was going to check if I could bring him to the walk. We would have only had him 2 days so I didnt want to upset him. Shall I just see how it goes? If he's too upset then he can stay at home with the OH and I'll just bring the wonderfully young Emma :biggrin:

I can just picture the look on Emma's face when she comes home and Buzz is here :rolleyes:

Was going to check if I could bring him to the walk. We would have only had him 2 days so I didnt want to upset him. Shall I just see how it goes? If he's too upset then he can stay at home with the OH and I'll just bring the wonderfully young Emma :biggrin:

Waiting for the pics :unsure: :biggrin:

Play it by ear Lyndsey :flowers: I have also got some stuff for you for Buzz, I need a home harness and lead, a nice comfuy bed and some bowls that were donated to the OC :biggrin: