UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tasha Is Home :)

greytgirl

The vet ran through everything with us, he said there was slight bruising around one edge of the lump, which MAY indicate cell damage..ie its spread :mecry: But it could also be where she had the fluid drained last week so..fingers crossed. She will go back on Saturday for a check up.

She is very quiet and tired, has eaten some chicken breast out my hand :wink: , he said she is walking on it much better than he thought..so Im, we are all pleased about that :partytime:

Tasha is now fast asleep, Im still worried and will be sleeping on the couch with her on her duvets so she doesn't have to go upstairs (matt carries her anyway but Im worried if she gets up in the night and stumbles) and she will need her buster collar on over night which Im not looking forward to..

Please keep her in your thoughts still, she has been through alot today poor sweetheart... I LOVE her SO much.. :bigheart3:

Here is the damage, I feel terrible and am still thinking if we did the right thing?? :unsure:

mypoorgirlie001.jpg

mypoorgirlie002.jpg

mypoorgirlie003.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your worries on the original post were "What if they operate and it kills her"- they did and it didn't.......

"What if it comes back" - ok, only time will tell on that, but as it stands now she has had the operation, she has survived the operation, she has come home and is surrounded by loads of love. The vet obviously thought is was worth operating, she obviously thinks it was worth pulling through so relax and take things one day at a time - and ENJOY the time however long it is (and hopefully it will be a very long time).

Last year I had major concerns about Bud and the fact if he did not have a heart op, the next time he had a fluid build up it may not have been possible for him to survive it due to the state of the pericardium. A bit like you, really there was no choice - he pulled through the op - in fact was home the day after instead of the normal 3 days later - and went back to being the fun loving old man he was before hand. The fluid came back but there was no worry about it killing him - sadly something else kicked off and I had to do what was best for him, but we made the most of the time he was around.

Tasha knows you are doing everything you can for her, and if you are relaxed and happy for her she will pick up on the thoughts, whereas if you worry and fret she will pick up the negatives.

I'm so glad that she came through the operation okay today. It looks severe now, I know but just think, as long as it hasn't already spread elsewhere, you could well have saved your girl's life today :biggrin:

Just try to imagine her back to normal health and with a full coat in a few months time rather than sore, shaved and drowsy as she is today & you'll have no more doubts. Whatever the future holds you have done the very best you could for Tasha. Hope now to see her looking happier & healthy very soon :flowers:

Great news!!! Now keep your head together and spoil her rotten. You cross whatever bridge there may be when you come to it. Enjoy the here and now, she is alive, she made it through the OP. more than enough reason to be proud of your decision :).

:flowers:

Great to see that Tasha is home for you to spoil her!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That wound looks nasty, but, as my vet once sighed: "we can perform groundbreaking surgery and all people see is the bald patch and the stitches!"

She's alive and home, where she belongs, and with her mum and dad to tend to her every need and more. Enjoy your time together, I'm sure Tasha does :GroupHug:

Bless her, it must be a relief to have her home. :GroupHug:

As others have said it's us humans who worry and fret, our dogs seem to just get on with it regardless of what they've been through.

Rather than a buster collar, are you able to put her in an old T shirt? That might be a bit more comfortable for Tasha.

Lots of post op healing thoughts for Tasha and 'stop fretting' thoughts for you :flowers: