UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Should Our Police Force Be Armed?

merledogs

Having just had a heated debate with my OH whos a police officer I would say they should not carry guns as more criminals would carry them and if the police got over powered then the criminals could use the police guns.

In the US they have brought out guns that some police carry which have a DNA sensor which will only work if the person using the gun has the same DNA which is programmed into the gun.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7079593.stm

Not your average plod for the reason above.

We have an armed response unit locally and even they have made mistakes.

However criminals are already armed and I think more effort and funds need to go towards unarming them before putting any more guns into the world

Hmmm tough question...

Yes - As far as I am aware we are one of the few countries that DONT have armed Police, as long as the Officers are trained to handle a weapon and only use it when there is no other course of action.

My Gt Grandfather, Grandfather, Father's (Step & Blood) and now my Hubby are and were Police Officers, the criminals they deal with have changed their MO's and theink nothing of pulling a gun or knife on a Police Officer, they flaunt the fact that our Officers have little or No defence against them and the stab proof vests they are issued only cover their torsos, making them opening to attack.

Maybe if our Officers had protection other than CS gas the Criminal element might think twice

However, we need to change our Human rights bill before arming our Police, its a sorry state of affairs when a Criminal has more rights than that of the victim in my opinion. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit , I was very pro police( army , part of police force in kosovo, felt sorry for them for working against the system) until some recent dealings with the Ch*V Ba*****Ds :wacko:

Now I wouldnt give the gits a water pistol :flowers:

Edited by taylor