UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Young Staffy Being Punched Today In Croydon

Santa's Little Helper

my daughter heard a dog yelping this afternoon and looked out of her office window. there was a man on the other side of the road holding a young brindle staffy, awkwardly in his arms. she went down into the street to see what was going on, the dog was now on the ground and the man was crouching, trying to stop it running past him. he punched the dog on the nose, then he was fiddling with something (she couldn't see properly) then he punched the dog again, 3 times, in the face !! :grrr: :handjob

she phoned the police and kept an eye on him for a while. he was sitting near a bus stop with the dog held tightly in his arms - no sign of any lead. police came about an hour later and took the man and dog away.

my daughter got the impression that this wasn't his own dog. she thinks he may have found him or maybe stolen him.

i've checked doglost, there's no recent reports of any lost dogs answering this description missing in the area. i've emailed them to say what happened, just in case someone was to report their dog missing in the next few days.

just thought i would mention this in case anyone hears of a young staffy, possibly about a year old (she said he looked puppy-ish but was big) that's gone missing in the croydon area. presumably, if lost or stolen, the police will take him to battersea.