Buggering Bollox

Mommy Bear

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone, just to bring up this thread again :rolleyes: Well I finally got Lenny done, after changing vets to a vet which has experience with sighthounds, he agreed that it was now time for me to have him done. My OH went to pick him up (I went to work, had to keep myself busy all day or I would've spent the whole time crying!), he had to ask the nurse to repeat herself when she said the bill came to.....

£99.99 :cheer: :pinkie: :pinkie: :pinkie: :cheer: there really isn't an emoticon which shows just how happy I was when I found out!!!

The operation went fine and his wound has healed well, apart from the initial very very very bad clipper rash :( Hasn't bothered the stitches at all so no need for the old lampshade treatment, which is fortunate as I've never got one to fit right on a whippet yet! The vet also managed to get both of his nuts through only one operation site so he only needed 4 stitches.

My old vets were now quoting about 300 squid so I'm glad we changed vets. Lovely man - not just after you cash :D The old vets charged us £180 to give Molly 4 stitches when she had a run in with some barbed wire - and totally over prescribed loads of drugs in my opinion. Glad I've finally found a good vet :)