UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alternative Flea Treatments

dirtychicken

Do You Use Alternative Flea Treatments and Do They Work?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Garlic capsules shoved inside sausage, only given if I see them scratching. Seems to work and I've not noticed any side effects apart from Morgan walking around with a string of onions around his neck, sporting a blue Beret

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have always been lucky with fleas but lavendar or vinegar used around the house are both supposed to deter fleas too.

This alternative vetinerary Medicine site may also be of interest to you http://www.alternativevet.org/flea_control.htm

Thank you for that Ian :flowers:

some one emailed me via the dogstar site to suggest we try Neem products on the street dogs that are in very poor condition

this is the link they provided http://www.neemgenie.co.uk/

Thanks for that link Sam :flowers: These links are going to be useful because I need to find something to treat the cats too - apparently garlic is a big no-no for them :unsure:

We've never had fleas on our dogs (luckily), not so lucky with ticks. We frontline about twice a year just in case.

Garlic powder doesn't work (I would find the quote from the alternative medicine book I have, but not sure where it is), but proper garlic should do. We have 7 doglets at the mo, so would be a lot of garlic, so we tend to not bother. We may try it for the ticks next summer to see if it has a deterent effect. Ticks are the only downfall of having lots of lovely fields to walk the dogs in. :rolleyes:

Haven't used Frontline or others on the Ds for a while now for fleas - decided not to do so unless they had any,an no sign of them.However they both get harvest mites - late this year but they did arrive and I don't know of an alternative treatment,only Frontline spray seems to work on them,just spray the feet and armpits where they appear though.I check them for ticks if up on Quantocks or Exmoor and just remove them.