UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Eddie Went To His First Show Yesterday

janeddie

Firstly I would just like to say that Eddie does not like other male dogs (and some females)! Well Eddie and I decided to brave it and went alone to the Greyhound Gap Show in the beautiful sun yesterday and I have to report that he was a star! O.K. so we never came home with any rossettes but his behaviour was brilliant. He only took a dislike to 2 dogs; a merle male border collie and a wolfhound type of dog - yes, he had a lunge and bark/growl but we controlled the situation and didn't panic. Just entering the class's meant that Eddie and I had to stand in a queue with loads of mixed other dogs and we entered "Best Black Dog" and "Handsome Male". When I saw how many dogs were in the ring, I really nearly bottled it but I thought what the hell; if he threw one I could always leave the ring but he DIDN'T and I was so proud of him, as there must have been 50+ dogs in the class! As we were alone, I wasn't able to take any photo's but here are two of him last night - he was absolutely knackered icon_biggrin.gif

I was just so proud of him walking alongside all the greyhounds and other mixed breeds icon_biggrin.gif

asleepeddie2.jpg

asleepeddie.jpg

Well done, its excellent when they are angels! I must admit I was also very proud of my old Indy who didn't raise even a growl with all those other dogs around, maybe its just that he's getting old and can't be bothered anymore plus he was able to spend time chilling in or by the car away from the melee some of the time. Rio also decided that because there were so many dogs that it was too much effort to bark, growl and guard the car. Bertie was just Bertie trying to play with every dog at the show so he is completely knackered this morning.

It was a great day and we raised about £2700 which was excellent. Could have done with less wind whilst trying to do the registration, papers billowing everywhere!

Well done, its excellent when they are angels! I must admit I was also very proud of my old Indy who didn't raise even a growl with all those other dogs around, maybe its just that he's getting old and can't be bothered anymore plus he was able to spend time chilling in or by the car away from the melee some of the time. Rio also decided that because there were so many dogs that it was too much effort to bark, growl and guard the car. Bertie was just Bertie trying to play with every dog at the show so he is completely knackered this morning.

It was a great day and we raised about £2700 which was excellent. Could have done with less wind whilst trying to do the registration, papers billowing everywhere!

Pleased you raised so much money :biggrin: Eddie really seemd to love all the elegant greyhounds and lurchers and have to say we had a great day and only 10 minutes from home! Don't know why he had a problem with the collie as he lives beautifully with one at home!

When's the next one???!!!

Edited by janeddie

Pleased you raised so much money :biggrin: Eddie really seemd to love all the elegant greyhounds and lurchers and have to say we had a great day and only 10 minutes from home! Don't know why he had a problem with the collie as he lives beautifully with one at home!

When's the next one???!!!

Jane, give us a break, :wacko: still getting over this one but it should be in May. Shall be booking it shortly.

Jan I am so sorry I didnt realise it was you BUT can remember seeing Eddie from the side of the ring and thinking he was a little beauty it was him with the headcollar on wasnt it? Wish I had known I would have made time to say hello :flowers:

Thank you for your support and it was a fantastic day I cant believe how beautifully behaved ALL the dogs were they were a real credit to their owners and made for a much more relaxed atmosphere on the day.

Can you give him a squidge for me please seeming as I missed him. :GroupHug:

We have to say a massive thanks to all those who came on the day and what a fabulous amount raised I really am yet again very humbled.

Jan I am so sorry I didnt realise it was you BUT can remember seeing Eddie from the side of the ring and thinking he was a little beauty it was him with the headcollar on wasnt it? Wish I had known I would have made time to say hello :flowers:

Thank you for your support and it was a fantastic day I cant believe how beautifully behaved ALL the dogs were they were a real credit to their owners and made for a much more relaxed atmosphere on the day.

Can you give him a squidge for me please seeming as I missed him. :GroupHug:

We have to say a massive thanks to all those who came on the day and what a fabulous amount raised I really am yet again very humbled.

Hi Lisa

Yes - it was me & Eddie with the orange dogmatic on and apart from a couple of "blips" he really did me proud with his behaviour - he absolutely loved all the greyhounds and just had a problem with one or two of the others! I still cannot believe that we went into the ring as the class's were so big - mind you I made sure we were by the entrance bit just in case he threw one but he just sat nicely next to a man with two greyhounds and took it all in his stride!

Will give him a massive squidge tonight when I get back from work (bet he will still be asleep)!! I think he really enjoyed himself and was not nearly as "stressed" as I thought he would be; at one point he was really chilled and lying on his back, with his legs astride in the air- lovely :rolleyes:

Will definitely introduce you to Ed at the next one!

Jan