UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Routers And Wireless

Dave

its saying its connected when I try to configure it on the Pc, all the lights are on, on the router, but It wont load a webpage even though it seems to be connected? :unsure:

That's exactly what I had!

With the installation disc/written instructions, did it prompt you to access a website like eg; http://192.282.2.154?

That's all I had to do with mine and then input the correct date/time and that was it, job done :wink:

I think Superfrisk has asked just the right question!

Should point out that the control page for the router is inside your network so you should be able to get at that even if you can't see anything else in your web browser.

Another point that might be useful is that the IP address will probably be different for a different network /router, but your manual should help you there.

If you can navigate to the control page for the router, you may also need to put in some extra information such as a username and password for your broadband connection, depending on where your router is in your network.

hello all

Having real problems with this, :( Yes I have a number to type in the address bar 192.168.2.1 to get the configue settings up, it was telling me im connected but i couldnt go on the net with it! so I rang Belkin hoping they would take me through it, they were useless! guy hung up! was very rude! He was taking me through the steps and it wasnt working not my fault, he got a bit annoyed! I tried to re enter the number to get the settings up again and come up with an error message, belkin tell me its my pc contact the system vendor. I dont thinks my pc as It worked once and I had the settings up. what do i do next? take the router back?

thanks all

Im stuck, annoyed and a bit peed off with belkin!

Dave

I would:

- turn everything off and on again

- see if you can connect to 192.168.2.1 after that.

- if you can, try contacting your ISP and see if they will talk you through setting up the connection.

- if you can't, take the router back and see if you have better luck with another brand.

Belkin guy may actually have a point about your pc - one reason it could be behaving like that could be that it's not correctly acquiring an IP address from the router. I've found pcs sometimes do this and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it (sometimes we have LAN gaming parties and everyone brings a pc - muggins here always ends up doing the network admin. It's not just Belkin routers either: I've seen the same with other brands.)

There is a fairly simple solution, which is to manually assign IP addresses: info on that for a Belkin router is here: http://www.belkin.com/support/kb/kb.asp?a=2824

There is absolutely no need to be rude about it though - you obviously got someone who should definitely not be doing tech support!

hi guys

well what a couple of days its been, really annoying! lol. well i am the laptop now wireless :) dodgy though! hasnt work all day,couldnt get it to work on the desktop, and today that has died on me, smoke coming out of it! think its a gonner :( the laptop has crashed twice, yellow lines across the screen, somtimes its slow, somtimes fast, not very happy at the moment. might send it back!

Dave