UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can I Have Some Healing/ Good Luck Thoughts Please

safneo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She does have HD :( Not too severe but seeing the xrays I'm not surprised she ends up in pain after overdoing things.

We are going to start hydrotherapy and she has got to lose another couple of kilos. Has already lost 2.5kilos. :)

She is currently still very wobbly and doesnt know what to do with herself and giving the most pathetic whine to make mummy feel extra guilty :( I am cooking chicken and rice for her dinner so that should cheer her up as she must be starving.

Thank you for all your good wishes. :flowers: At least the news wasnt as bad as it could have been.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to you and Saffy. Fortunately I've never had to deal with a dog with HD, but there are plenty of people on the Refuge who have and I'm sure will give you plenty of advice on what worked for their dogs. And of course Saffy is in the best possible place if she has to have HD, because she's got you to look after her! :flowers: Seeing as you're cooking her chicken and rice to cheer her up, it sounds like she's getting on with her training - you that is! :wink:

Thanks Billy. :flowers: Saffy trained me years ago!! :laugh:

I'm just keen about getting her started on the hydro now. Just want the GA to wear off so she can stop being pathetic.

Its so not like her. :( The glass is always half full with her.

She has eaten her dinner so hopefully that will make her feel a bit better now. :)

Fresh air will help, just open window/door is enough. I'd give her some Homeopathic Arnica 30c - one tablet 3 times daily for a day or two as from what I hear, vets tend to really pull them around doing x-rays for stuff like that and they can be pretty sore. Bach Crab Apple Flower Essence helps get toxins out and Milk Thistle helps clear and repair the liver.

Will send Reiki if she wants it.

I'm sorry she has HD, but pleased it isn't as bad as it could have been :GroupHug:

I tend to keep Milly on the lean side and as she's not a greedy girl it's quite easy, though much more difficult with a lab I imagine! Swimming (not just hydrotherapy) is fab as it helps to build muscles.

Glucosamine is what works best for Milly (tablets didn't work for her but the liquid glucosamine - Synflex - has worked miracles). Also, don't overdo the exercise - I never take Milly out for more than an hour if I can help it and usually it's about 40 minutes or so. I can always tell when she's overdone it as she will limp and I keep some Metacam in the house just in case but she only ever needs it a few times a year.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me :flowers:

Fresh air will help, just open window/door is enough. I'd give her some Homeopathic Arnica 30c - one tablet 3 times daily for a day or two as from what I hear, vets tend to really pull them around doing x-rays for stuff like that and they can be pretty sore. Bach Crab Apple Flower Essence helps get toxins out and Milk Thistle helps clear and repair the liver.

Will send Reiki if she wants it.

Thanks for that Muriel. Will see what I can get her tomorrow. Have just dosed hre up with RR.

Reiki will be more than welcome :flowers:

I'm sorry she has HD, but pleased it isn't as bad as it could have been :GroupHug:

I tend to keep Milly on the lean side and as she's not a greedy girl it's quite easy, though much more difficult with a lab I imagine! Swimming (not just hydrotherapy) is fab as it helps to build muscles.

Glucosamine is what works best for Milly (tablets didn't work for her but the liquid glucosamine - Synflex - has worked miracles). Also, don't overdo the exercise - I never take Milly out for more than an hour if I can help it and usually it's about 40 minutes or so. I can always tell when she's overdone it as she will limp and I keep some Metacam in the house just in case but she only ever needs it a few times a year.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me :flowers:

Thanks Alex, I currently feed her on Labrador Pero which has the glucosamine Chlor summat in it and is lower in fat than some other foods. Will ask about the synflex though when I take the insurance forms in. :flowers:

:GroupHug: For you both. There is a brilliant hydrotherapy pool in Hopwood mate. Tessa used to go there. :flowers:

Kazz xx

We used to go there Kazz, but they are not registered with Canine Hydro Assoc. Found one is Smethwick that is so will give them a ring when I get the insurance forms through (hopefully tomorrow) and go and have a look round/bok her in.

I always worry about her swimming in ponds/lakes in case her back legs freeze up and she gets into trouble. Happened to my old labrador and ex-OH had to go in and drag him out :rolleyes:

She is whining quite a bit which is so unlike her so I think she may be in discomfort. I wish the vet had mentioned it. I would have asked her for some metacam. Will try and find the hot water bottle and see if that helps her :(

I have been very naughty and bought my lovely big fluffy throw down from upstairs. She is currently lying on the settee :laugh:

My dogs arent allowed on the furniture :rolleyes:

I don't know if you can get it through the vet, I buy it online. They may have something similar they can sell you which would be claimable on insurance :flowers:

She did try and sell me something called JD food. Another hills food :rolleyes: I already feed her one with supplements so wasnt falling for that. Where can I buy it online Alex?

She did try and sell me something called JD food. Another hills food :rolleyes: I already feed her one with supplements so wasnt falling for that. Where can I buy it online Alex?

I buy it here :flowers: It seems quite expensive but a bottle lasts me about 5 months for Millymoo :flowers:

Edited by madmerle

Oh poor Saffy :(

I am sure she will feel a lot better tomorrow.

There is also a hydrotherapy pool on the Worcester ringroad. It is at the Brent Knoll Veterinary Practice. Not sure if it is available for dogs from other vets' but have a feeling that it is. Easy to get to anyway.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: