UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Side Effects From Glucosamine With Chondroitin ?

Fiona711

i just wondered of anyone else had had any problems with Glucosamine with Chondroitin ?

Fiona xx

I give it to Prudence, Kelly and Gustav, no problems whatsoever; I did use GLM as well for a while but having stopped it, I didn't notice any difference, so am currently just using the Glu/Chron, we were using syn-flex but it's much more expensive and I couldn't see any difference between the Zipvit tablets I'm using and the syn-flex :unsure:

Ria stole and ate a full bag of GLM and experienced no nausea whatsoever :rolleyes:

Edited by AquaTJ

my pointer has OCD in both elbows and both shoulders and he was originally on synulox after his arthroscapy (spelling?) but soon wised up to the pills and we couldnt get them down him. hes been on liquid cortaflex HA ever since and it works really well for him. its glucosamine,condroitin and Hyluronic acid.

my old horses have a thing called stride which you can also get for dogs i believe and that is glucosamine,condroitin,msm and HA.

ive never seen anything but good effects from it and indeed dont think my pointer would be doing agility without it. we are going to try a glucosamine injection course in the next 2 weeks and see how that goes. THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your replies , i have kept Akira on the GLM and Glucosamine as she seems to be fine with that i did ask the vet about synflex and we think if Akira shows any sign of discomfort again we will try that for her as well . I am still waiting for another appointment for her to go for hydrotherapy as well , its nice to hear what works for other peoples dog , i suppose they are like us in some ways their tolerance levels for different things can be so different

Fiona xx