UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Think Misha Has Been Stung

yogibear

i was out walking with misha and emily this evening.i looked round to see if misha was keeping up and noticed she was going mad.i grabbed her and noticed there was a wasp in her coat.i managed to get it off her.she kept scatching where the wasp was and then she went funny and didnt seem to know where she was.after a few minutes she was sick and seemed to come round a bit.she is better but she is very quiet.i cant see any lumps or swelling.i am taking them to kent tomorrow on the train and am hoping she will be ok.would be grateful for any advice.

I would give my vet a call this evening if it were my dog :flowers: Just to let them know what happened and how she is and see if they think it warrants a visit tonight/early tomorrow.

I have pirotin here after we think one of ours was stung/bitten by something a few years back. I spoke to the emergency vet that evening and after describing it all, they ok'd us to give her pirotin, and have done similar just recently, when she had a swollen face one weekend, but I always phone to check with them, just in case they feel it warrants us going in :flowers:

If Misha went "funny" and was sick and didn't seem to know where she was for a bit, I would definitely phone the vet at the very least - I hope Misha is ok :GroupHug:

Bathe it in vinegar (wasps) or bicarb of soda (bees) and if she's been sick I'd also seek advice from your vet as dogs can be allergic to the bite or, if bitten around the throat / face have been known to suffer anaphalyctic shock .

Piriton, as previously suggested should help any pain / help hold off shock