UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Dog Doing Agility

one.eyed.dog

We went for about 6 weeks. I found there was a lot of hanging around for our turn and Lotts got all fidgity. I was really bored and not enjoying it. We had a wee chat and decided we would both rather storm round the forest for a couple of hours instead as it's much more fun.

I think from watching her in the forest she should learn gun dog skills as she does work an area very methodically and I just think it needs honing so if that can be done I quite fancy doing the trials.

We start next month with The North West SHP club.

I think the first month are boring. But isn't that whatever you learn? When I learned English, Tai Chi, how to write, I didn't start with reading Byron, being perfect at taic Chi etc, it started with lots of basic, rather boring ground work...

But if you don't like it, there is very little chance your dog will like it :)

I love these pics of Lottie. Henry's had a go at the agility course at the kennels a couple of times, but he's too short :rolleyes: or too lazy haha xx

I think she will love the gundog training though :biggrin:

In my Agility Club we have a 11 year old Westie who still comes to training regularly. He doesn't compete anymore, but he is excellent and is thoroughly enjoying himself!