UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Dog Doing Agility

one.eyed.dog

Lately there have been some crackin photos of various dogs doing agility brilliantly.

Thought I'd give you a laugh.

Lottie doing agility appaulingly. Or should I say. Lottie NOT doing agility :biglaugh:

The A frame

P2190138.jpg

A tiny jump she took at 90 miles an hour

P2190121.jpg

Are you supposed to have to block the end of the tunnel????

P2190139.jpg

Everything is taken like it's a 5 bar gate at warp speed.

P2190131.jpgverything

We have given up on agility now. We both found it very boring.

We start gun dog training next month. I think that will be her forte.

Edited by one.eyed.dog

One week she did the whole coarse at high speed. It was'nt her go. She just went.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Go Lottie!

I went to a dog show with friends yesterday - here's my pal Claire with her dog Ozzy having a go in the fun agility.

Ozzy never didn't actually set foot in the tunnel at all but Claire got plenty of practice! :laugh:

OzzyTunnel.jpg

ClaireTunnel.jpg

My Potty needs to run. I did not have time to run her for more than an hour before agilty. She normally gets at least 2 hours after work so even after an hour she was bouncing. Everything stopped and the shout of DOG LOOSE was yelled and about 20 people tried to catch her. Mistake. Whey hay big game. I just sat down and let her come to me.

Potty Lottie :wub: quite mad but, what can you do?

I think she looks like as if she is enjoying it. And if you just started it is early days.

I started with Max about 6 month ago and he is still looney when we are at training. If I run him before or not doesn't make a difference, but we get there, slowly, tonight we had a real break through. I think you might need to give it a bit longer than just a few sessions ;-)

I think she looks like as if she is enjoying it. And if you just started it is early days.

I started with Max about 6 month ago and he is still looney when we are at training. If I run him before or not doesn't make a difference, but we get there, slowly, tonight we had a real break through. I think you might need to give it a bit longer than just a few sessions ;-)

True.

To get the best out if it you need to have firm foundations and this can be a bit boring to start with if what you really want to be doing is racing round a course, but you need to stick with it and get the benefit.

The real fun comes later. No quick fixes, I'm afraid.

Nothing worse than rushing it and later wishing that you'd spent more time on the basics.

That last pic of Lottie shows great promise.

Pam

PS It was 12 months before I could let my first dog off lead at training and even then it was hit and miss whether he could be bothered to do it, but I'm still here 5 more dogs and 9 years later.

Edited by mum24dog

We went for about 6 weeks. I found there was a lot of hanging around for our turn and Lotts got all fidgity. I was really bored and not enjoying it. We had a wee chat and decided we would both rather storm round the forest for a couple of hours instead as it's much more fun.

I think from watching her in the forest she should learn gun dog skills as she does work an area very methodically and I just think it needs honing so if that can be done I quite fancy doing the trials.

We start next month with The North West SHP club.

Edited by one.eyed.dog