UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Sham

Jasmine

There's a big Lab that lives round the corner, she and Ruby have never liked one another. This Lab is well known for attacking other dogs too. Anyway just coming off the heath with my 3 girls and the man was walking up with this Lab off lead and pushing his grandchild in a pram. Ruby was in the field and I called her to me and she came straight away ignoring the Lab.

Walking down the path I asked him why she was off lead and he said she'd been fine for a few months. Next minute the Lab dropped it's stick and pounced on Sham :mad: who'd been walking calmly by my side. It had her on her back and he just stood there, I got it off and then it came back and pounced on her again. I'm sorry to say I gave it a kick, there was no way I was going to let it hurt Sham. :wub:

But, the best yet, now get this..............................

He blamed it on Ruby, :ohmy: he said it was Ruby's fault his dog was aggressive as they always fought. Now hang on this dog always attacked Ruby and she just stuck up for herself and then in future probably thought she'd get in first. Ruby just stood there today and was doing nothing but it was still her fault.

I asked was it her fault that his dog attacked other dogs and he said it was.

Some people. :angry:

I've checked Sham over and she's fine but I was in shock as I think she was when it pounced. He never once attempted to get his dog off or put it on a lead.

Poor Sham give her a :GroupHug: . Thankfully she is ok if a bit shocked.

I know exactly how you feel. OH took Scruffy and 2 of the youngest out the other night. We have a neighbour with 2 dogs one is young retriever (very friendly and sweet) and the other is some sort of cross (he is chained up a lot and I never trusted him one bit) and the other night this dog attacked first Rocky and then Scruffy. Hubby had a few unpleasant words for the owner who never has her dogs under control :angry:

Sham didn't get off scot free, I found a small bite on her ear later on. :angry:

So it's been bathed in hibiscrub twice a day and is doing fine.

I've varied my times the last few days yet still seem to see him and his dog. When I do I put the girls on their leads but he still has his offlead :angry: but does turn round and walk the other way.

There are loads of Labs on the heath that the girls have no problem with and vice versa.

We are not biased at all.
:biggrin:

Guest Mr Furrylover

Poor old Sham.

It is stupid people like that that give all us dog owners a bad name. If you have an aggressive dog you behave accordingly.

I am afraid I know of a few aggressive labs nowadays, not the dog they once were, tho of course it is down to the owner.

No such thing as bad dogs just bad owners.

Hope Sham has fully recovered and never has to meet the hellhound again