UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vernon Kay Uses A Shock Collar On His Dog

merledogs

I was listening to Vernon Kay in the car this morning and he was talking about when they put a shock collar on Scott Mills for a laugh earlier in the week. Then he said he had one for his dog and the first time he used it his dog "jumped six feet in the air" or words to that effect :angry:

I am absolutely disgusted and am going to email and complain. His email address is [email protected] - the BBC complaints page is here - if you are going to complain can you please do both so that the BBC are also aware and not just Vernon Kay? Thanks :flowers:

I've always liked him but this has really changed my view of him now :(

Edited to add : I think it's the one linked to electronic fencing that he has. I've sent him this link.

Edited by madmerle

Vernon Kay's email appears to be wrong on the website. He can also be contacted via the website here :flowers:

I subsequently tried [email protected] and that worked although the message I got back was "Thanks for your email. However, because of the volume received not all emails can be read or replied to." :angry:

Edited by madmerle

It is a collar you put on your dog which gives them an electric shock, either automatically (when it goes near a fence, or barks) or when you press a remote control handset. It is supposed to be a training aid, you use them to punish the dog for whatever it was it was doing when it got the shock. Absolutely barbaric. :angry:

Edit: if you do an image search in google there are lots of pictures and you can see the prongs/electrodes that stick into the dog's neck. I just had a quick look through, but I don't want to link to any of those sites.

Edited by pboae

Im not well up on shock collars but if someone wants to explain what you would say ti him about them...i might be able to do it for you!

He plays golf were i work, not all the time, but has been recently and i might be able to tell him face to face for you ! He is actually a nice guy and might just not realise the implications of using one.

It is a collar you put on your dog which gives them an electric shock, either automatically (when it goes near a fence, or barks) or when you press a remote control handset. It is supposed to be a training aid, you use them to punish the dog for whatever it was it was doing when it got the shock. Absolutely barbaric. :angry:

Edit: if you do an image search in google there are lots of pictures and you can see the prongs/electrodes that stick into the dog's neck. I just had a quick look through, but I don't want to link to any of those sites.

Thanks for the info, god what an awful device, they should be banned after a demo on the human who bought it :angry:

Oh no :ohmy:

Have emailed. Have sent him a nice email though. I don't think he is a cruel person he is probably just misguided and I think we'll get a better response approaching it that way than just giving him abuse.

Very good point! please take notice people, he is more likely to listen to reasoned arguments, than to a bunch of raving loonies As would any of us, if someone disagreed with something we did :flowers:

I was very polite in my email and pleaded with him to reconsider (I told him they are banned in Wales and that the Scottish Government as looking at it as well, not sure whether they banned it or not :unsure: ).

He sent me this reply :

Thank you for you comments, I was not aware of this as your the only person to have infomed me of the fact they are banned in other parts of the country! For your information we DO have a fence and are training our dog.

We were not informed by the company who fitted the fence and collar about the fact they were banned.

Our dog no longer wears the collar!!!

Thank you for your concern.

Vernon Kay

As someone has said, I don't think he was being malicious, just misguided.

Edited by madmerle