UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Think Of Issie

Jacobean

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. The well wishes mean a lot. :flowers: The old divil has recovered a lot today. I don't think it's going to take her 48 hours to fully come out of it. She is now driving me nuts because she is trying to run before she can walk. Keeps trying to hare off into other rooms etc and then wonders why she can't get to where she wants to go. One of her eyes is fine. The other is very slowly flickering still. She's a stubborn old beggar who won't do as she's told for her own good. It's good to see her back. :laugh: Still very quiet for her but we have had the odd word out of her. She's slept a lot today which has probably helped and has had a sulk with me for keep making her go lie down. I probably should have just sat back and enjoyed the peace and quiet today because we'll be in for it tomorrow no doubt.

Issie was coming out of it really well yesterday but overdid things too soon. She started spinning round when her tea was ready and knocked herself right back. Consequently she has had diarrhoea today. I'm assuming it's connected and may be because she's finding it a bit scary. She's currently sat out in the garden as it's not bad here at the moment. She likes to get out there so I'll leave her be. We'll give her ears a clean tonight in the hope that might help her too. She has to have them cleaned a lot due to another little problem she has. :rolleyes: She is a dog that gets easily bored and needs to be going out on walkies, playing and stuff. She makes a terrible patient and won't do anything she needs to get over this quickly.

Issie was coming out of it really well yesterday but overdid things too soon. She started spinning round when her tea was ready and knocked herself right back. Consequently she has had diarrhoea today. I'm assuming it's connected and may be because she's finding it a bit scary. She's currently sat out in the garden as it's not bad here at the moment. She likes to get out there so I'll leave her be. We'll give her ears a clean tonight in the hope that might help her too. She has to have them cleaned a lot due to another little problem she has. :rolleyes: She is a dog that gets easily bored and needs to be going out on walkies, playing and stuff. She makes a terrible patient and won't do anything she needs to get over this quickly.

I tried to PM you but you're so popular that your inbox is full!

I've been thinking about Issie all week but haven't had much chance to log on an catch up, sorry for that. How is she? I know that the vestibular thing isn't serious but recall all too vivdly how frightening it was.

Keeping you both in my thoughts :flowers:

Alison

Thanks Alison. I'm not able to empty any pms at the moment as I need all the info in there and have to sit with Sheena. PC in a different room.

She's still not 100% . Eyes have stopped moving about thank goodness. Head still on side. Still not always walking in a straight line. She's a lot better today than she was a couple of days ago though. Not sure if we should go back to the vets and ask to put her on Vivitonin or sit it out and see if she has another episode or becomes worse again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for asking Ian. :flowers: Hope you and yours are ok as haven't had chance to talk to you for ages. Issie has improved a bit on last week. Seems to be making small steps towards getting better. We don't think she will recover fully from it to be honest. Her head is still on one side and when she shakes it or turns round quickly she goes dizzy. We're playing a waiting game to see what happens. If the vet feels she would be better off on medication then we'll go for it but at this stage I'm waiting to see how she goes. She's already on a lot of medication so I want to take it easy with her. She is a lot better until she overdoes things and then knocks herself back. We were out a couple of days ago and she did very well. Managed to walk pretty straight all the way round until we came across a man. She loves men. She kept turning round to see where he was and then would go giddy when turning back. She then decided to shake her head and fell like a pack of cards on the pavement bless her. She is learning slowly not to do certain things that cause her problems. Having said all of this she is a heck of a lot better than she was to start with. She has become her noisy old self as well. Strangely I missed that. Now I'm wondering why I did as she's making up for it. :rolleyes: She's still fed up at not being able to go on her normal walks yet. I dread her having old age problems as she doesn't do ill very well. I can tell she's been spoilt rotten when ill in the past and it's not helping her at the moment.