UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Multipet Households And Space!

cheryl33

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there room for you as well Alison :biglaugh:

Just......but when I opened my eyes in the morning I thought I'd had a stroke - my left arm and leg were dead and my right side freezing cold (and of course I am a middle-aged drama queen)!

This pair were in exactly the same position when I took the photo as they'd obviously been all night. I had a real job to extricate myself from the bed and they didn't move a muscle to help me; Sol's yawn (how dare I disturb him?) was the only sign of life seen until I'd been in the shower and got dressed :rolleyes:

Each to his own but not having dogs cuddled around you at bedtime wouldn't do for me. :wink: BTW, this was the first night I fostered Dino the black greyhound. To think that I'd been worried he and Sol wouldn't get on or that he'd not sleep well in a home after having spent so long in kennels!

Happy travels by the way Sam, be safe :flowers:

Edited by Alison

I have 9 dogs, 4 cats and 3 hamsters.

I know that I have reached my limit of permanent residents. Although I get very tempted we will not adopt anymore dogs until some of ours have passed to the Bridge. All are very much loved and cared for. Yes, we are a busy house but they are part of the family. We're very lucky to live in a large 3 bed semi with huge gardens and the beach only 5 minutes away.

I know of other people who have nearly 20 dogs and they have far too many dogs. They have to rely on other people to help them all the time. I think for some people, dogs become a collectors item like stamps or beanie babies. I don't doubt these people love their pets but IMO their animals are losing out. These people get a puppy in when it's cute and then rehome it when it becomes a teenager :angry: and then replace it with another dog but still can't see that they are doing anything wrong!

Secret is get the same coloured dog, people only ever think u have one :biggrin:

We have 6 dogs, 3 cats, 4 goldfish, all happy teds and they all get loves and cuddles and snogs, well fed, off to vets as and when, runs out to hills, forest at back, large back garden which is 60ft or more, and 6ft high fences and when i figure out how to do the front and side we will have our new agility course... at moment cant due to lack of height of wall on that side.. our back garden is like a garden within a garden.

We have decided that 6 dogs is our max, Rosie n Badger go where ever we go, if we go shopping theyre with us, if its too hot in car, hubby takes for a walk i go spending :rolleyes: and they wait outside mall for me..

They have run of house, each has their own spot, however most can normally be found within a few inches of my feet.. When we do go out the others are safe in one room as we have low windows downstairs..

Fed, Watered, loved, vet treatment as and when, time for each one, lots of snogs and cuddles, all my are oldies now 7/19 years of age... awwwww doesnt seem so long our eldest was a kitten and Caffery is now 12...

You have too many dogs when you cant see the carpets :glare: all our dogs have different needs and everyone of em is a pampered pooch, each person is different to me 6 dogs is fine, they only bark when someone at door or something through letter box, they are well controlled.. each has their different favourite toys... I work from home and they like to help me by putting their paws through my jiffy bags :wacko: but I wouldnt have it any other way and bed is fantastic in fact Rosie Buttons jumped on our bed other week and it collapsed, new bed here now and 6 dogs and a cat and hubby is nice and warm.. but mainly collies will come up for a kiss and cuddle at night and then go in their upstairs hidy place..

Too many is when your vet knows you by name... oh whats your dogs name? Rosie Buttons or Badger Buttons - oh hello Mrs Wernham how r u!!! but i think its cos they love my collies... :biggrin: , or when your vet is your second home :rolleyes: no honestly our pets are healthy been a lot due to James cat poorly with a large tumour and we have done the flea and worming thing and vacs all done and rosies epiphen and oh last two bitches will be going in for spaying soon... omg my vet bills are massive but who cares, they are worth the money over and over again and the love and loyalty is divine, shame people are not like that