UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How To Collect

Pendlewitch

Cecil is drinking rather a lot of water lately so I took him to see the vet who wants a urine sample from him, fine I think. Mmmmm, not so fine really, once he's cocked his leg his bits are pointing away from me and Cecil now regards me as some sort of pervert as I keep trying to stuff a yellow plastic tray under him at the crutial moment. :wacko: One or two neighbours have given me decidedly odd looks as I persue Cecil up and down the grass verge and repeatedly dive underneath him. He also does split second micro wees which doesn't help the situation in the least! :biggrin: I've given up, the vet will have to blood test him or anyone any suggestions?

Phoenix has to have regular checks on his kidney function and I gave up trying to get urine samples off him as he is just impossible. He'll c*** his leg and as I put the jug near him he puts his leg down, I even left the jug under the tree where he usually pees up in the hope some would land in the jug but it didn't work either so we have to have blood tests instead.

No help for you I know but if you find an easier way of getting a pee sample I'd like to know :biggrin:

I've only had to do it once and that was with Ailsa who was a girlie and very small so slightly harder. What I did was get some kitchen roll which was on a plastic bag to keep it clean, then when she went for a pee I slid it under her then wrung the kitchen roll out into a sterile container. It was a bit messy cause my hand got covered in pee when I wrung it out :laugh: ( I didn't think about putting plastic gloves on ) but it worked.

Terri

:laugh:

It's a nightmare isn't it ?

When I had to get a sample for Ruby the Vet said only a 'piddling' amount is needed (sorry this thread was crying out for that :laugh: ) so when she squatted down I used cotton wool to quickly soak some up and then squeezed it into the little jar the Vet gave us....similar to what Ailsa's Mum suggested .... good luck.