UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Morning All From Sunny Lichfield ....

janeddie

Morning All

Have just joined this site and am finding it really enjoyable, although not posted as yet. Well a bit about my family:-

Harrison (child) aged 6.

Lee (partner of too many years to mention)

Eddie: Rescue dog of 2 years, big, black and scruffy, terrier type - originally a street dog from Ireland and then came to Rescue in England. Wonderful temperament/character although can be lungy with GSD and Husky type(s)!! If he could spend all day lying in bed with you (or chasing cats) then that would be his ideal day!! Had Eddie since November 2006.

Polly: Rescue dog of 8 years old, border collie - oriiginally a working dog in Ireland and then came to Rescue in England and wonderfully behaved, however, has a problem with strangers coming into the home, however, is getting better. She is absolutely great with our family and that is the main thing. She keeps trying it on with Eddie but hasn't quite got the hang of it!! Had Polly since October 2006.

Both Eddie and Polly have gotten on great since Day 1 and Polly is teaching Eddie some of her good habits!!

Hope to have many happy hours on here (as long as the boss isn't looking)!!

Love

Jan

x

Thanks very much Jan for the photos :flowers:

Jacky and I go for the same type so I think you might have a fight on your hands over Eddie :wub: :laugh:

Polly is very luffley too of course and I know a few folk on here who would like to come and steal her :wink:

You little boy is a smasher :wub:

Marion

Thanks Jacky & Marion

Must admit Eddie is a "one off" - he is really naughty but nice with a gorgeous temperament and Polly is a beautifully behaved girlie who is a cuddle monster. Alfie my soul mate died last September (out of the blue) aged 10 years and I think you both would have loved him too, so just for the pair of you, here's my dearly departed scruffy but white terrier, who is so similar in character to Eddie, I swear Eddie sent him to us just to keep us on our toes :biggrin:

alfie.jpg

Picture 1 was taken when he first arrived from rescue at 10 months.

Picture 2 was taken on the beach at my mum and dad's in Newquay.

Picture 3 was taken 12 months before he died. The black dog in the background was Jack who died

12 months (to the day) prior to Alfie dying.

Oh you are right...definately a fight on your hands!!!! Alfie was gorgeous...nothing better than a scruffy mutt as far as I'm concerned (that's why 3 of mine are smooth coated of course!!! :laugh: :laugh: ) At least with Sidney I got as much fluff and scruff as any girl could ask for!! :wink:

Alfie is pretty similar to my George (Unfortunatley I am on the laptop at the mo and have no photos on it to show you :rolleyes: ) but my avatar is a windswept headshot of him.

I am sorry for your loss of both Alfie and Jack :GroupHug:

Marion

Looks like I may have to pinch your George as they do look very similar :wub: