UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who's Going To The Europeans?

Anniegirl

I have just seen the running orders, and we don't really have a hope of winning any races! My teams in div 4, seeded 6th, but all of the other teams fastest times are way faster than we could ever do. Oh well! :crying_anim:

Annyetta, the hounds are running on the saturday (the harriers are on the monday.) You are seeded 4th out of 5 teams in div 15.

Edited by lucyandmeg

I wouldn't worry about it as you never know what will happen on the day. I can sympathise though because our second team is seeded top of their division (15 which is same div as Hampshire Hounds) but there is no way that they can run at their seed time as we have a different 4th dog to when we got that time and the best time they can now do is around 25 secs which is much slower than the bottom seed in the Div. We weren't able to submit a time as the new 4th dog was a last minute thing, we were previously going to have to go NFC and run 3 dogs. They are a very reliable team though and the dogs don't run out etc so we will just hope that the other teams are not as reliable :unsure: Our other team is seeded second in div 13 and our new line up can actually run much faster than their seed time, they did 20.77 last week but then we had to go NFC as one of the dogs is not yet reliable and was running out, so we may end up going NFC again. That's the fun of flyball I suppose :rolleyes: I must say that I am a bit dissapointed at how un European the European champs are!

Guest Simon
If you go to the BFA website Click here go to the utilities tab and then select discussion lists from the drop down list and you will see the 2007 Euro champ topic, go into that and you will see a the link to the Euro champs website, you can get all the info you need there :biggrin: Are you in a flyball team or just coming to watch?

Hi

Was thinking of coming to watch.

Thanks for all the information

Simon

Am quite glad they've changed the running orders for the sake of the people in the lower divisions - imagine driving from somewhere up North down to Surrey, to race in a 5 team div.

It does mean that we have got 2 teams in on the Saturday though and Sunday off :rolleyes:

I have noticed that you are a very important person this weekend Jayne - one of the judges, well done :biggrin:

Unfortunately neither of my dogs are running this weekend.

We decided the Ifits that Bertie runs in wasn't good enough for the Europeans (but we have told Penny if she needs another team for Saturday all the dogs will be there) and unfortunately we have decided not to race Annie for a while as she has gone back to her old ways of running out and interfering. We are going back to the basics and starting again with her.

The team John team captains, Formula One is in div 3 and he is racing a dog in our first team (the Marnicks) which has just been moved up into div 1 to make it a seven team division. Unless things come right for us on the day I don't think we will do very well.

Don't forget to come and say hello to me in the photo tent :biggrin:

I have noticed that you are a very important person this weekend Jayne - one of the judges, well done :biggrin:

I know - they didn't actually ask me I was as surprised as anyone when Tony told me yesterday (Tony probably volunteered me for it, being the committee bod that he is :rolleyes: )

we went yesterday with the Hampshire Hounds with Lucky and we came 2nd in division 14 :biggrin:

Oni had a go at the scurry and had the fastest non collie time 7.94 seconds and came 5th the Germans won the scurry :biggrin:

we had a great day and saw some great racing and loved the venue :flowers:

we ( the hotshots ) came 2nd in div 12 and had some great races.

best of all, Ria never ran out ( not once ) and this was her first show that we didn't go NFC

so she now has points !! and ran like a dream.

i could not have been any happier with her

Phew, what a weekend :biggrin:

Eddie and Kimba raced on Saturday. Eddie's team won division 12, Kimba's team came 3rd in division 10, which we were all really pleased about, because Kimba's team has been running below their seed time in recent weeks, because we've had a dog who has had to have a few weeks off for injury, and she's still building her fitness up.

I judged division 9 on Saturday, that was ok, no major disasters there - apart from the torrential rain, but hey, we're used to that up north :rolleyes:

Charliegoo raced in division 3 on Monday, despite heavy rain, and a runback like a mudbath, we managed to run a 17.97, and win the division :partytime: :partytime: so a successful weekend all round for our teams :biggrin:

As ever, Cathie's OH John got some fab pictures of the boys, which hopefully she'll post when she gets 5 minutes :biggrin:

It was great to meet lucyandmeg on the Sunday, and cocoa with the beautiful Ria on Saturday :biggrin:

It was a brilliant weekend wasn't it, I thought the atmosphere was so friendly and fun even with the rain, not that I got much chance to see much I was incredibly busy in the photo tent. I will get some pictures sorted out later in the week :biggrin:

It was great to meet the Europeans and we met a couple of people we knew from my sisters flyballing days in Belgium. The racing in the first division was very exciting we came 5th which we were quite pleased with as we were seeded last.