UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Liver & Tuna Cake Recipe Needed

Yantan

I cannot find the one I got from Kathy Wardley and tho I have tried to find one on here using the search facility I've so far failed :rolleyes:

Can anyone point me in the right direction please or add a recipe here :flowers: Tis for Archie's birthday tea later today :biggrin:

Marion

1 Tin of Tuna in Sunflower oil (if in brine, drain and then add some oil)

80g Plain flour

1 Egg

Garlic Powder add as much as you think for your pets.

Put Tuna and oil into bowl, add the Egg and the Garlic Powder, mix well then add the flour.

Put onto microwaveable plate and microwave for 4 mins.

You can double/treble the amounts and freeze the extra.

I might have to make some for Beau's Gotcha Day tea

:biggrin:

Edited by madmerle

I have made a big lot of tuna and sardine cake with 3x those ingredients. Have bunged it in the oven instead of microwave though, not sure how long to leave it for :unsure: Will just keep an eye on it I suppose. The bowl was duly licked out by a very grateful Beau :rolleyes:

20 - 25 mins in the oven should do it. You can then chop it into small squares and pop them back in a very low oven for a further 20 mins or so to crisp them up to use as training treats. (they also leave less crumbs in your pocket when crisped!!)

Cheers, Carrie

• 4 weeks later...
20 - 25 mins in the oven should do it. You can then chop it into small squares and pop them back in a very low oven for a further 20 mins or so to crisp them up to use as training treats. (they also leave less crumbs in your pocket when crisped!!)

Cheers, Carrie

What temperature? :unsure:

Mrs Mop I use a 200g for the recipe given above :flowers:

Sorry Chasta I don't know about the non wheat flour :unsure:

Marion

I'm not important enough to be Mrs Mop! :biggrin:

So having used a 400g tin of tuna this explains why the tuna cake I was attempting to make at 5.00 am on Sunday morning looked more like soup than a recognisable cake! As I was cooking it in the oven rather than the microwave, I didn't know whether that was the problem, or the quantities.

I assume you put all the oil in too? Or should I have drained that off? :rolleyes:

I want to try again tomorrow night - Daisy isn't fussed on liver, but was happily chomping at my fingers last night for my "failed" tuna cake!

Chasta - I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use a non wheat flour for this recipe - although you may have to experiment a little to find out what would be best.

I made some tuna cake last week. I find it handy to disguise Lucy's meds. The little madam takes them out of her food and lines them up round her bowl!! :rolleyes: Wrap them in tuna cake, hey presto, gone in a flash!! :biggrin:

While I was making and cooking it the dogs were sitting to attention ON my feet!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not important enough to be Mrs Mop! :biggrin:

So having used a 400g tin of tuna this explains why the tuna cake I was attempting to make at 5.00 am on Sunday morning looked more like soup than a recognisable cake! As I was cooking it in the oven rather than the microwave, I didn't know whether that was the problem, or the quantities.

I assume you put all the oil in too? Or should I have drained that off? :rolleyes:

I want to try again tomorrow night - Daisy isn't fussed on liver, but was happily chomping at my fingers last night for my "failed" tuna cake!

Chasta - I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use a non wheat flour for this recipe - although you may have to experiment a little to find out what would be best.

Whoops, that serves me right for trying to use the PC with the wrong glasses on :rolleyes:

I drain the oil off and get a nice solid little cake, well when I say solid I mean firm, just like an ordinary cake :biggrin: I didn't laff at the soup affect, honest :wink:

Marion

Whoops, that serves me right for trying to use the PC with the wrong glasses on :rolleyes:

I drain the oil off and get a nice solid little cake, well when I say solid I mean firm, just like an ordinary cake :biggrin: I didn't laff at the soup affect, honest :wink:

Marion

Thank you lots.

Off to retry the recipe tonight. Looking for "FIRM" cake.

I gave a bag each of Sunday's tuna effort to my trainer plus her two helpers last night - without confessing that I thought it was erm a bit odd. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they thought it was good.