UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Window Cleaner Has Frightened Jess....

Tempest

Jess was in the garden this morning and I was in the kitchen with the back door open and Jess started barking at something quite frantically - I called out 'thank you' as I usually do but she carried on and came pelting in with her tail between her legs and her ears right back : :mecry:

I went out to have a look and the blommin' window cleaner was in the garden :o He said he'd rung the bell (which I don't believe as Ollie would have barked) and when I didn't answer he used his ladder to climb over the back gate as it's padlocked :mad:

I'm absolutely fuming as since then Jess seems quite frightened of going in the garden and she keeps looking at the back gate with her tail between her legs and just seeming 'worried' :mecry:

I've tried treating her near the gate and playing games with her near it but so far she just wants to keep away from it :mecry:

Just wondering what's the best way to help her overcome this?

Needless to say I've told the window cleaner - NEVER to do that again - the gate is padlocked for a reason and if I don't answer the bell then don't clean the windows!

What a :handjob - I'm not surprised you're fuming, I would be too :angry: He's just lucky he didn't do it to the wrong dog and got himself bitten :angry:

Don't know what to suggest apart from making the garden a 'fun' place to be :unsure: Hopefully in time she'll forget about it and get over it. Please give her a gentle squish from me :GroupHug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my window cleaner so I got rid in the finish and do them myself with poles. One of my dogs now has a fear of ladders thanks to that clown. Maybe go out in the garden with her frequently and play games to take her mind off it. Don't know if it would help if someone she knows came through your back gate, or maybe yourself or whether that would make it worse as until she spotted the person she wouldn't know who it was. Hope she gets over it soon anyway.

There are some prats out there that don't realise the psychological effects they can have on dogs by doing stupid things.