UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Harry

Julie C

Lovely to see him .. but not sure exactly what you mean by as with all these dogs???? :unsure: :biggrin:

On the nipping, his brother is exactly the same .. looks to be some terrier in there to me! If you have big problems give me a ring and our behaviourist will get in touch with you, however as others have said you should walk away when he begins and ignore him .. he will soon associate the words no or ah ah and your ignoring him with his own behaviour. Alternatively Richard is very much into distraction techniques and introducing something more acceptable to nibble on immediately to take away from his facisination in you.

Keep the pictures coming :) I am sure the camera is just bowled over by his beauty.

ps his little brother went off to a new home yesterday :)

Alternatively Richard is very much into distraction techniques and introducing something more acceptable to nibble on immediately to take away from his facisination in you.

I'm a big fan of distraction techniques in such situations, as taught to me by my own dog Harry when Islay was a puppy - the minute he saw her doing something she shouldn't or getting over excited, he would rush up to her with a toy & get her to play with that :wub: I learned a lot from him & he could teach a few human parents a thing or two.

Harry looks absolutely adorable, congratulations! :flowers:

We have been trying all the tips today and it seems to working a little. If he goes a little to wild we have put him in his crate for 2 minutes for time out and it seems to calm him down a little. Today he has learned to sit before his meals or if he is being a nutter to distract him and it has helped a litle bit. We took him in the garden today and good grief I think he is crossed with a greyhound. He just kept doing laps round and round, he was so excited. :biggrin: I don't know if I am just unfit but I am exausted, it's like having a baby all over again. :laugh:

Julie x