UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dylan's Drinking A Lot More Than Usual...

suzeanna

Should I be worried? Dylan has a very large water bowl downstairs, and a normal size one upstairs (the sort you use as a feeding bowl in those raised feeders). Over the last week or so, I've noticed he is drinking a lot more than normal, I keep having to refill them both much more frequently. He looks well in himself, we haven't changed his food or his exercise level. Is this anything to be concerned about?

He got us up twice in the night, he had the runs. Then he started making a very odd noise..something between a snort, a retch, and a hiccup. My OH remarked in a *by the way* sort of manner that he thought he heard Dylan drinking out of the loo the night before last...and I've got one of those Harpic thingies in the cistern that turn the water blue. I started to panic rather, thought maybe I should get him to the vet this morning but he's snoozing happily now, hasn't been to the loo since nearly 6.40, his nose is cool and moist and he's not making weird noises any more. I think I should be ok to leave it till our appointment tonight..shouldn't I? :unsure:

Thanks everyone...yes he seems to be fine! :biggrin: she found nothing to worry about, no evidence that he'd done himself any harm by drinking the blue loo water (it had been there for a while, so should be pretty weak). We've just got to keep an eye on him and take him back if we have any further concerns. A urine sample was normal, and he showed no pain when she palpated his tummy.