UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Maybe England Should Take A Leaf Out Of Swedens Book

Was watching the news here today, they are bringing in new laws regarding owning dogs of All breeds and it seems they really are thinking along the lines of Deed not breed. From what I understood it will go in stages, dog must be on lead at all time, failing that Muzzled fully when out, right through to fines for owners and the final stage is a total ban on owning animals at all.

From what I understood of it and what Johan explained when I was not sure on some bits, that if a dog were to inflict a serious injury it would lose its life, but the blame is being put on the owners and there is no bans coming in against any breeds.

Was watching the news here today, they are bringing in new laws regarding owning dogs of All breeds and it seems they really are thinking along the lines of Deed not breed. From what I understood it will go in stages, dog must be on lead at all time, failing that Muzzled fully when out, right through to fines for owners and the final stage is a total ban on owning animals at all.

Do you mean they're going to make it law that dogs of ALL breeds have to be on lead at all times when out? :unsure:

Do you mean they're going to make it law that dogs of ALL breeds have to be on lead at all times when out? :unsure:

If the dog is not under control so I guess what it means is if your dog is a danger to others or his self for any reason then it will have to be kept on lead at all times, not all breeds all of the time, (Sorry if I didnt express it very well)

The point in all breeds is that no one breed is being targeted for anything, it is that individual situations with dogs that pose a problem will be delt with in the steps explained.

If the dog is not under control so I guess what it means is if your dog is a danger to others or his self for any reason then it will have to be kept on lead at all times, not all breeds all of the time, (Sorry if I didnt express it very well)

The point in all breeds is that no one breed is being targeted for anything, it is that individual situations with dogs that pose a problem will be delt with in the steps explained.

I see now, thanks for clarifying :flowers: So it's not a rule that dogs can never be let off, but that if they are deemed out of control of the owner, they will have to remain on lead - possibly muzzled - regardless of breed.

Very good that they are not targeting specific breeds, as you say :flowers:

I see now, thanks for clarifying :flowers: So it's not a rule that dogs can never be let off, but that if they are deemed out of control of the owner, they will have to remain on lead - possibly muzzled - regardless of breed.

Very good that they are not targeting specific breeds, as you say :flowers:

yes and from what i understood from the way it was reported on the news today, it really was put across in a way sympathetic towards the animals and more harsh towards owners who fail their dogs with poor training or to allow a dog into a situation

Perhaps you could get a transcript of the ruling, have it translated and sent to brendan wotitsname.

That is exactly what should be the law here.

The owner is responsible and it makes no difference if he/she is a lord/lady or a complete moron/moroness they should be held accountable for not being responsible owners.

The dog is four legs and fur and is not reesponsible for it's irresponsibe owner.

Well done Sweden.