UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Training Tips For Tiz

JACKYSIAN

I've been doing alot of training with Tiz to try and increase our bond and also just because her behaviour had started to get out of hand (barking at people, charging at other dogs and generally just ignoring me!!).

Anyway I can't believe how she's come on, her recall has improved massively! She is friendly with people, not on lead yet but off lead she is affectionate to them. Also her sit/stay and down is amazing! She now stays on the beach while the other 3 are running round like lunatics and waits until I tell her to come!!! She's very focused on me and I definately feel closer to her because of it.

So what I'm after is some more ideas for training, I've never been one for having highly trained dogs, I pretty much ask for recall and the occational sit and that's about it, so I don't really know where to go next with her! She walks to heel very well alone...but all 4 together is just a dog pile up!!

I think she'd be excellant at agility cos she loves jumping but right now I just don't have the time to take her and Sidney to the local classes, so does anyone have any things I could do with her on the beaches? She does play ball, but only 1 to 1, once the others get involved she's not interested!

Edited by JACKYSIAN

If you're looking for things to do with her on a one to one basis on the beach, what about sendaways to a toy, searching for buried things in the sand. Do you mean things like that?

Yeah that's the sort of thing! I've never been to training classes with any of my lot (well except Cromwell but we got asked to leave cos he kept trying to kill all the other dogs!!! :mellow: ) so I don't really know what to try next! All my lot do sit/down/paw and that's about it!!! :laugh:

Toys are difficult cos Sidney is the toy monster and even if he has a mouth full of balls he'll still try and nick it off her, I'll definately try that though when I take her out alone. :flowers: