UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Proof Window Covering

loobie

Help :wacko:

I have been in my new house for just over 2 weeks now, they have ripped down the vertical blinds in the front room window (already in the house when i moved in) every time I have been out, they have ripped the curtains too, it is too risky putting up voiles as they will no doubt rip them down as well - personally I would like nothing at the windows but as you can see right into the house I really need the privacy.

right background filled in - does anyone know of a product like fablon that would go over the window so that we could see out but no one can see in??? I dont know if sucha thing exists but it would be ideal for the dogs and the window :rolleyes:

What might be cheaper is to put up a barrier fixed to the outside of the window recess and have blinds or voiles inside the recess.

My aunt had batten frames fixed to the walls with weld mesh attached. Hers were on hooks so they could be taken off as they were to stop her parrots escaping through open windows or destroying the wooden frames or curtains :rolleyes:

One way mirror stuff only works while it is lighter outside than in, if you have your room light on and it is dull out people will be able to see in. Not sure if this is a problem to you or not. If not you can buy the film at Halfords but it is not dog claw proof.

Ive got frosted windowfilm - because dogs cant see out they dont scratch at it or sit up on the windowsills when im out. Ok, i cant see out either but thats not a problem (the view is of a row of shops, stunning.....).

Lets loads of light in though, so its fine with me. The only real difference its made is if i fwant to see if the shop is open i have to get OFF my backside and open the front door to see.

OOOh thats interesting... Ive had the same problem with mine.

Ive got voile roman blinds at the moment, I pull them up to above dog height when we're out. The let enough light in when theyre down, but we cant see out of them when down. Theyve lasted since last August which is much better than the average 2 weeks for nets :rolleyes:

What might be cheaper is to put up a barrier fixed to the outside of the window recess and have blinds or voiles inside the recess.

My aunt had batten frames fixed to the walls with weld mesh attached. Hers were on hooks so they could be taken off as they were to stop her parrots escaping through open windows or destroying the wooden frames or curtains :rolleyes:

:laugh: and I thought I was starting a new fashion trend!

I've tried all sorts of window coverings, including film, but the Krew just saw that as an extra challenge :rolleyes:

Wire mesh is the only thing which has been successful here, though you do need the frame to protrude from the wall sufficiently so the little darlings can't pull the material through the little holes in the mesh.

Sorry, no help here but wanted to say this:

THANK YOU!!!!

I thought it was just me :laugh:

(edited to add let me know if you find something. The amount of times I have 're-made' the blinds :rolleyes: . Alternatively, tips on training Ted. not to leap up like a loon thing and go crazy when anyone exits the house, would be good :wink: ).

Edited by reds