UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Do you compete?

sanrossscot

OK well I will start things off in here.

Trainer: Sandra (sanrossscot)

Dogs: Keira (9) & Tia (6.5) both border collies

Compete: Yes Open & Companion Shows

Classes: Novice & A with both (eek)

If anyone wants a basic guide to what obedience is all about-let me know and I will see what I can do!

I've competed in the Companion dog shows, just about 3 or 4, in one Banya ran out of the ring ... !!! :lol: this was when she was a lot younger though :D

I don't think we'd be very good as i tend to do looser heelwork etc (for working trials) but am interested in learning more as you never know.

I think it would be great to have a basic guide as to what's required etc :)

Edited by Lindsay

I've competed in the Companion dog shows, just about 3 or 4, in one Banya ran out of the ring ... !!!

-------

A few years ago I was working both my lurcher and my collie cross in the Beginners/Novice class at our an Exemption show.

It was held in a park and there was a wooded area just behind where we were doing stays.

Not surprisingly, my lurcher decided there may be squirrels in the trees so legged it to have a look.

Ross would have been OK in a sit stay OOS but I didn't know how long it would take me to catch Charlie so I pulled him out as well.

Really annoying as he would have won the class otherwise.

As you know I do... Dylan is getting better, but I am sure we won't win the Pre-Beginners or Beginners until he is at least 10 years old... :lol: Flash however is a whole different cup of tea. I have great hopes for him and he will do well, IF I can get my act together... he is so fast and I am struggling at times. But he is doing really well!

Trainer: Vera (lurchergirl)

Dogs: Dylan (4) and Flash (1), both saluki lurchers

Compete: Open Shows

Classes: Pre-Beginners and Beginners

That reminds me, I need to get Flash registered with the KC... I need to do that this week so I can start sending in for shows. :)

Vera