UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Megans Nightime Potty Training Gone To Pot

nikkibriggs

She is usually really good goes out last thing at night goes to bed and snores her head off all night long.. but just lately i been getting up on a morning to poop 1 or 2 lots and im at a total loss as to why.... :wacko:

She been vets make sure nothing wrong and they could only say take her out longer on a night. But have tried that and still the same thing POOP. :ohmy:

Anyone any ideas Please going Mad scooping and scrubbing. :huh: :huh:

That is what i have thought of but she pooping every night and its driving me mad... :huh: just cleaned all the carpets where she poo's and she gone done it again last night.. :wacko: Guess who was not a happy camper coming down stairs to a pile of Yuck, Tried everything i can think of even down to waking up during night to let her out but still getting up to at least One..

don't really want to crate her overnight she likes her snuggles too much on a night and i would feel awfull cos the crate won't fit in my bedroom either :(

Has she had any change to her routine or upset recently? My Molly does this sometimes, but nearly always when she's feeling a bit insecure (new dog coming in, fireworks around etc)

One thing that helped with Molly was splitting her food so she gets half in the morning and half at night - it seems to be easier for her to digest and stops her needing to go at night.

If Megan sleeps in your bedroom maybe you could also try shutting her into the room with you at night so she is more likely to wake you if she needs to go?

Just another suggestion to add to it, which is one I have tried with Eddie. I have changed his feeding time to about 9.30/10.00, and prevented him from going to the place where he normally poos (in the dining room :rolleyes: ). Last night he didn't get fed till 11pm, and there was no poo this morning, so touch wood, feeding him later seems to help.