UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camera Problems

nikkibriggs

Hubby bought me a new camera on the 29th December its a samsung D103 10.1 mp thingy and i loved it dearly but went to use it on Friday and the LCD screen is broken. Its not been dropped or misused as its treat like gold cos i love it sooooooo much (i know sad really) but contacted the shop today that he bought it from have the reciept and camera in front of me but to be told 'Tuff' you never purchased the extended warranty you will have to pay for repairs yourself your just outside the 28day shop warranty or send it off to Samsung for them to do... I was pretty annoyed but kept my tongue between my teeth :rolleyes:

Is there anything i can do or is it just bin it and sit here crying :mecry: :mecry: at wasting that much money for a months use :wacko: :wacko: :mecry: :mecry:

Edited by nikkibriggs

Do you have all risks or accidental damage on your house policy ?

They may well replace it or pay for the repairs.

When I managed to drop one of my previous digi cameras in the loacal canal it was replaced almost immediately

Edited by Ingrid

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, phone your household insurance - if you have accidental damage they will should offer to repair or replace for you.

Good Luck :biggrin:

I think you'll find that Samsung do warranty their cameras. You will have to send it back to them - probably through the shop unless documentation from Samsung says otherwise - but they will repair it if its a fault (ie the screen is not working rather than smashed) rather than customer damage (if the screen is smashed go to your insurance as this would not be warrantied). I should go back to the shop ask to see the manager and if they don't become more helpful advise them that you will contact both Trading Standards and Samsung. (Samsung will not want their agents treating customers in this fashion as it will put you off future purchases from them & I think Trading Stds would confirm your contract is with the shop not Samsung)

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya everyone well problem solved.. i contacted Samsung and complained that it was only 4 weeks old and thought it was a disgrace that the shope would not help and being such a big company im sure they could help with this matter

the lcd screen was cracked..but the outer screen was intact no marks no scratches as if it had been dropped.. it was in a case and treat like gold cos i love it (i know sad but first decent digital camera and a pressie off OH and daddy) and they sent me a box told me to send it to them and they would have a look... I got it back on Saturday all fixed like new with an appology saying it was their fault not mine and they hope i enjoy my camera to its full potential.. Yippeeeee i got it back im sooooo pleased just incase you can not tell... hehe

Edited by nikkibriggs