UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rowan

Houndwoman

My dear little guinea pig Rowan passed away in the early hours of yesterday morning :mecry:

He appeared to develop the same symptoms as Timothy who went to the Bridge 2 weeks ago and despite him having treatment and lots of tlc fate decided that he leave us to join his dear little pal.

He was the same age as Timothy(only 3 years old) and they came to me as a twosome. I can only think that he didn't want to carry on without Tim :mecry:

It now leaves Kiera piggy on her own and I feel awful about it but don't want to risk introducing another yet in case they have had some peculiar virus. She does at least have the bunnies nearby which is something I suppose. I just feel so sad for her though.

Scurry free my little piggy. I hope you and Tim are having fun together :wub: :wub: :wub:

:GroupHug: so sorry hun.

As far as Kiera goes though - I can only offer my own experiences, when Jonesy got left on her own after the other 2 died I was convinced she'd follow very shortly after, and as she was 7 years old I didn't want to bring in any one new. Jonesy didn't seem to mind being an only in the slightest, and lived to be 9 years old I only lost her a few months ago. Granted she was an indoor piggy who had human and doggy companionship but she was happy and bubbly til the day she died.

Thanks Snow, that reassures me a bit more. It's just that things are a bit 'raw' for us at the moment. I am just hoping that things will settle down a bit more as time goes on. I'll see how it goes.

We have buried Rowan (yesterday) and we will be burying Bo tomorrow so I may feel a little better when that is all done :wub: