UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

no, but I will get some. I rode him today. He has only been ridden a few months, and badly, so he has no mouth. But he is very sweet and doesn't do anything silly, and he is not fazed by anything.

He sounds lovely, at least he has a lovely temperament, everything else can be fixed :biggrin: Look forward to the pics!

I just had a text from Sam (YO) to say the Icelandics just went past in tolt, Wanda and Obe went crazy and hoolied round the field with tails over backs, doing airs above ground and accompanied by loud snorts and goggle eyes, they then did four laps in flat gallop. If the Icelandics walk or trot past it's no problem but tolt and mayhem ensues, we have silly horses! :biggrin: I thought they would get used to it in time, apparently not, why is tolt so exciting?

Nameless baby horse is absolutely luscious :wub:

Love the little dribble of white down his face :biggrin:

Can I just include a shameless plug here for my post about a Rice Europa trailer in Cats and Other Animals, in case anyone can help. Thank you :flowers:

well, yes.... I think she would, she is not *that* disappointed :laugh:

By the way, my boss said that Ivan is doing really well in Germany, and the guy who rides him has him as one of his top favourite rides every day. My boss was happy and said he can keep him for a loooong time then :laugh:

Babieeeesssss!!!!!! Me wants. She's lovely, what fab markings!! :biggrin:

Had a disaster of a ride on Kai Friday, stopped all the rush hour traffic on the main road, even then she was spinning in the middle of the road. This is nappng, she wasn't frightened, she just refused point blank to go forwards. Did eventually get her moving and off the road. Luckly all the drivers were fine non were stroppy.

Was chatting to a bloke who has a couple of foals locally, he told me that some of the local fields he know the owners of. One of the owners land is set aside and the other has a crop on it. Evidently the owners have said we can ride any where on the set aside and they have made wide tracks for riders on the crop field, this gives us an extra 80 acres or so of off road riding. So of course I had to go and try it out on both the horses this morning. It means I can do the heading away from home where Kai can be nappy on the fields and hack her back on the roads, as she is fine on the way back. Had lots of canters on Kai and a good gallop on Minski, had a great time!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I also met some one at the dog show last week that knows Trigger. I was telling my friend what a state he was in and this lady was listening in. Evidently she keep her horses opposite Triggers old field. She had reported him to the RSPCA on 4 different occasions, mainly for the state of his feet. Evidently they hid the pony every time the RSPCA came out!

We have just been away for the week during which, we visited Penny Farm ILPH near Blackpool, I absolutely LOVED it, they are having an open day on 8th September and will definately be visiting. We had a guided tour which was wonderful, all the family loved it. I will be sponsoring one of the horses or ponies. The work they do there is AMAZING, and I would thoroughly recommend a visit :biggrin:

well, yes.... I think she would, she is not *that* disappointed :laugh:
:angry: :angry:
By the way, my boss said that Ivan is doing really well in Germany, and the guy who rides him has him as one of his top favourite rides every day. My boss was happy and said he can keep him for a loooong time then :laugh:

Did I ever ask where Ivan was? Wonder if it is too far from me????? How many hours from Denmark am I (Monchengladbach)?

Awww Wanda looking pretty in pink :wub:

Baby girlie is beatiful :wub: Does she have a name yet?

Well after last week when Loki was a dressage horse for the first time, we turned our hoof to showjumping today. Now Loki has never jumped, and I was assured by our YM that the first class was going to be "poles on floor" and I haven't jumped for about two years. Well after the course builder left last night I walked the course and suddenly realised that it was not poles on floor at all! There were planks, a double, filler type planks, and the last fence in the jumpoff was the biggest fence and was a solid wall :ohno02:

He was such a good boy again, this time we were much more relaxed in the warmup area

Jumping%20warmup.jpg

Jumping%20warmup1.jpg

Then it was time to do some jumping, the clear round class was in the school so we started in there. As you can see we discovered he has a big jump :laugh:

Clearround.jpg

Clearround1.jpg

It was hairy to say the least, we had a pole down in each round but no stops, I was such a proud mummy :biggrin:

Then onto the class, I put my number down first, no point in putting it off, and off we went! I nearly got jumped out of the saddle about four times and the professional pics could be very interesting :laugh: We went clear so set off onto the jumpoff, but we were both getting tired and he knocked the double down as it was down hill and we were on our forehand by then, so I decided to pull up, I am sure he would have jumped the wall but it would have been hairy and I quite possibly would have been jumped out of the saddle, I wasn't going to push our luck.

Class.jpg

Class1.jpg

If we had negotiated the wall we would have come at least 3rd as everyone else got elimated, but today wasn't about prizes, I couldn't have been prouder :biggrin:

Phew nothing more exciting planned for a few weeks :wacko: