UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

:flowers: Thanks Anne...for that apartment I could be pursuaded to lose a dog or two!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

The horses are stunning, hope they've settled well. :wub:

Has made me feel better that others have been through the sulking horse, TBH I actually didn't think of that I just assumed it was Kane being Kane!!!

I bought one off Ebay for Rolo, but he has such a small mouth, I did not even try it on him - as soon as I got it I knew his mouth was too shallow for it, so I gave it to my friend - she is really pleased with the way that her horse goes in it.

May be worth trying one from a bit bank first, as they are mega expensive new

Loki has survived his freezemarking phew :biggrin: OH texted to say he didn't react at all. The mark has gone on his black bit on his side, so at least he didn't have to have a bald mark on the shoulder and it should be very visable.

I spoke to the lady on the phone and said whatever happens do not mark him under his saddle incase anything goes wrong and he is out of work for ages again :rolleyes:

A couple of days off and he can come back into work. We have showjumping at WEC on Sunday, I am toying with the idea of doing the 1ft - 1.6ft class, just so we can join in :blush02: Do you think that would be ok or asking a bit much as he has never jumped before, I am assured it is just going to be poles on the ground.

Jacky, your not the only one. I went down on Sunday to feed the horses and put Minski's muzzle on. I wasn't quite quick enough and she had finished her feed and was off, took one look and the muzzle and wouldn't come near. I cleaned the field while she calmed down. Managed to get hold of her with an arm round each side of her neck. She hit me in the leg, whacked me round the head with her head and the spun round and whacked me in the chest so hard I actually went flying and landed on my back in the middle of the field :biggrin:

My God Clare, he moves nicely :)

Lovely photos - would be hard pressed to choose between them - I liked 44 too and 40 :)

Been having a nose at some of the others on there - nice to see a few hairy cobs!

Know nothing about jumping so am saying nothing!! :laugh:

40 or 44 for me as well, lovely pictures!

Martin has just got up so he can help me with the horses this morning. Evita is gonna be walked in a head collar from now on as it just takes too long to wait for her. I've walked her in on one the past couple of days (put it on in the field :biggrin: ) and she has thrown a couple of hissy fits when we get to the spots where she usually takes off, and she suddenly can't cos I'm holding on to her :happy: She will learn quickly though, she is a smart girl.