UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ear Infection

kay_w1

last Mon, Ellie my 7 week old Grandaughter was obviously in some considerable pain as she began to scream and was quite inconsolable, she is normally a very placid, happy baby who hardly cries, and sleeps through the night! my daughter is very lucky! we knew something wasn't right so Deneil got her a Doctors appointment, the Dr she saw is the least popular at our surgery, but was the only appointment left, he checked her over, but didnt check her ears, said he couldnt find anything wrong and it was probably Colic and told Deneil to keep an eye on her, he then gave her a lecture on being a young Mum, asked who was supporting her, made some comment about "its always the parents" and sent her away.

Ellie continued to scream, pretty much solidly through the night and following day, i phoned the surgery for an emergency appointment at 3.30pm as Deneil was unable to get one when she phoned in the morning! after a very heated discussion between me and the receptionist, i was told there were no appoinments available at first, then offered to squeeze her in with the Dr. who had already seen her, i didnt see any point in that so it ended with me saying fine ok i'll take her to the Hospital.

One of the other Doctors( the one who specializes in babies) called my Daughter and told her to take her in :rolleyes: she examined her fully, checked her ears, could find nothing wrong so again said it's probably colic and prescribed coleeze(sp)

by 10pm she had blood and mucous leaking from her ears in large amounts, so we took her to the out of hours Dr who diagnosed a severe infection of the middle ear, and probable perforated eardrum :( poor little soul! she gave her anti biotics, and with hours Ellie was much better!

the problem now is....the anti biotics have finished and Ellie still has some mucous leaking from her ear, is this normal? or do we take her back to the Doctor? havent got much faith in our own GP's now to be honest.

what would you suggest?

My 2 oldest children had ear infections on and off. They were on antibiotics every 6 weeks. My daughter was 4 and my son was 1 year old. This was going on for some month.

I was fed up with the doctors and their way of dealing with it.

I took them to a good homeopath. They both had different treatments, a course of 5 or 6 weeks. After that none of them ever suffered an ear infection again.

With having children I lost all trust in so called "western" medicine.

Maybe it is worth taking your grandchild somewhere else, now the pain is gone. Especially as the docyors proved themselves as not very competend.

I am very sorry that she suffered so much pain, poor little girl. :GroupHug:

Oh god I can't even imagine the pain of that lot bursting through her eardrum :mecry: :mecry: and I used to get earache regularly.

Definitely needs seeing by someone to see what is going on :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Dr Alexis on here might know where is best to go or Nurse Jules :biggrin:

If there is a good Doctor at your surgery try and get an appointment there. :flowers: