UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agility Publications

lucyandmeg

I'm thinking about asking for an agility magazine subscription for christmas, is ther any that you particularly reccomend? I was looking at agility voice earlier which looked quite good, is there any better or is that the best one?

I get Clean Run from the US which is good for training exercises. You can get an e mailed copy but I didn't know that so I subscribed to the hard copy which comes every month. Have a look at their website which is www.cleanrun.com

I don't get Clean Run but I have read a lot of back issues and it's interesting to get another perspective from another country.

It depends what you want out of a magazine.

We get Agility Eye as our points are added to the tables automatically every month and we can see how we and others are doing, even if the results are rather behind in the summer because shows haven't sent them in and there are too many to print at once. (You get points up to 15th place.)

I think (but haven't checked recently) that the Voice only gives points to 10th place and you have to submit them yourself. Not sure if they publish show results and tables like the Eye.

While both magazines are national, the Voice is more southern based and the Eye northern and Scotland.

It must be hard for both magazines to keep up with important matters in the agility world as they are monthly and by the time they come out, anything of significance will have already appeared on line - usually on Agilitynet.

Pam

Pam

Hi,

I get the Agility Voice, from the Agility Club, and my friends bought me a years subscription to Clean Run last Christmas. I used to get the Agility Eye but I couldn't afford both of them so kept up with the Voice as I was in their Starter final and also was booked on their instructors course, which is for members only.

The Voice is a larger (A4) magazine than the Eye, and is a glossy all colour publication. It doesn't do show results like the Eye (which you have to pay extra for in the Eye anyway), but it does do points tables for all heights and levels of dogs, and clubs too.

I would definitely agree that the Eye is more Northern/western/scottish biased, and the Voice is more southern. However, Clean Run is an amazing experience; in the US they analyse everything to the nth degree, there are all sorts of products advertised for all sorts of things you never imagined; agility is big business over there. The articles are useful, although some of the training exercises would get a dim reception if I put them up at my club as they are nothing like what is 'done' here.

HTH

Nicola