UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Arciving Messages

Kathyw

I get an email telling me I have a message on the Refuge and a link is given to it.

But when I archive my messages they never arrive at my email address.

Where are they going please anyone?

On t'other forum they arrived as 'bulk'

Edited by Kathyw

Kathy, are you using a hotmail email address, I think others with hotmail addresses have had problems getting archived messages before. Though I'm not sure they were getting email notifications about PMs either.

Mine just come thru' in one email - as Anne said, check your junk file in case it's been misidentified as spam.

Has it always been like this or is this the first time?

its been mentioned a few time but worth doing again

hotmail, and hotmail type email addreses will not work on the refuge.

in order to recieve emails etc you will need to enter an ISP type email address.

this was because we were getting spammed to fcuk with fake registrations and some nutters.

Googlemail works fine Kathy. Do you want me to send you an invite?

it does?

it shouldnt.

the reason for needed people to use their main ISP based email address is threefold.

one the user can be identified if the need arrises (this has happend three times since the refuge was launched)

secondly it prevents spam bots using non domain based email addresses to register accounts

lastly it prevents the easy creation of multiple accounts

I have used googlemail too and it worked, but admitedly it has been a while since I treid to archive anything. I only have google and hotmail adresses so I am quite fecked if they stop working. ho hum, that's my own problem I guess.

I'm the same because BT broadband don't provide you with an email addy, so I only have hotmail/google/yahoo now I have left uni :(