UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

This Pc Is Driving Me Menthol!

bebe

For the last few days its been either switching itself off mid-post, or not going to the site Ive clicked on but finding a random site all by itself :huh: , then flickering all over the place, and freezing.

Ive got a list of sites on Favorites, but when I click on one, it goes to something else, sometimes its even something else that I havnt got saved on Favorites .

This morning I clicked on The Refuge, and it went onto Solitaire :wacko: I dont even play solitaire, I havnt got anyone to play it with :rolleyes:

Last night (or early hours of this morning) was the weirdest, I came on here because I couldnt sleep, and then switched it off when I was going back to bed, 2 minutes later it comes on, on its own :ohmy: Im assuming it had gone onto standby or something, :unsure: what is going on??

See!!! :ohmy: Now its moved this post over to here!!! :bigeyed:

It sounds like you have a spyware, spybot or trojan. They are the things that happen. What scan programms do you have? I have few links to some real good free ones, you would be amazed at what they pick up and get rid of. Also you could try emptying your cache, cookies etc.. maybe defragment it and do a disk clean up. All these things can help get you pc running smooth. Also a real good one is a Registery cleaner, they find and repair all known errors on your pc. If you need help feel free to ask, ive helped no end out with problems before.

Is your PC related to Simikins toilet?

ghost-computer.jpg

Probably :biggrin:

Could you have a key stuck down onthe keyboard or the mouse?

nope :unsure:

Have you installed or downloaded anything recently?

I down-loaded an avitar :(

It sounds like you have a spyware, spybot or trojan. They are the things that happen. What scan programms do you have? I have few links to some real good free ones, you would be amazed at what they pick up and get rid of. Also you could try emptying your cache, cookies etc.. maybe defragment it and do a disk clean up. All these things can help get you pc running smooth. Also a real good one is a Registery cleaner, they find and repair all known errors on your pc. If you need help feel free to ask, ive helped no end out with problems before.

I have CC cleaner or something like that. Whats a scan program? :unsure:

I have emptied my cash at Pets @ Home this morning. No cookies but I do have custard creams.

Defragment it??

:blink:

Yep....its fair to say...I need :crazy1zhelp: Pleeeze :flowers:

AVG has just dealt with a Trojan on my PC.

Trojan Horse Generic2.ELT it was called.

Everything I opened encountered a problem and had to close so I ran a virus check, AVG found it.

Can you send him round here then :)

The screens flickering now...

And now loads of words are rushing along the address bar at the top of the page :unsure:

Edited by bebe

Can you send him round here then :)

The screens flickering now...

And now loads of words are rushing along the address bar at the top of the page :unsure:

:ohmy: you need this sorting.

Right here is a registery cleaner. This is good, scan and then select fix all.

http://www.amustsoft.com/registrycleaner/

Spybot search and destroy, another good one.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest...4-10122137.html

Adware Se is another good spyware detector

http://www.download.com/Tweak-SE-Plug-in-f...tml?tag=lst-0-2

Also do you have a fire wall? if not I use this free one and its real good, nothing has got past this.

http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm/3000-104...tml?tag=lst-0-1

I use all these programma and my pc doesnt have problems.

To defragment your pc which you should really do every 2 weeks you need to click on start, then programs, then accessories, then sytem tools and you will see defragment. If you right click it you can save it to your start menu for short cut. It will analyse 1st then clean.

Let me know how you get on. The registery cleaner is a good start :biggrin:

Right, Ive downloaded the thing, registry thing, and scanned and fixed 457 issues :ohmy:

I knew I had issues, but not that many :rolleyes:

Ive tried downloading the firewall thing, but nothing seems to be happening, unless it takes a time and Im being impatient :unsure: I,ll try that again.

Ive defragmented stuff, that was really interesting to do, I liked doing that, it showed all these different lines in blue, green, red, white, before and after, and there was loads of white after, where it said it had freed up a lot of space :flowers: There seems to be a lot of red lines left though, and it said red means contageous, so does that mean like a virus? :unsure:

Either way, PC is now faster than it was, which is brilliant. Thanks so much for all your help :)