UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agility Nerves

t-dog

Hiya, I've been competing over a year now with one of my dogs, I still get very excited before a run but not as nervous as I used to be. My youngest dog has got her first competition in a couple of weeks and I'm starting to get very nervous about it. I don't know why as i know there's nothing to be nervous about, the worst that can happen is she'll be eliminated, so what, I'm used to that with my other dog.

So why do I feel so nervous? Do others get like this when running a new dog or am I just being stupid and silly

Thanks, so I'm not going off my head then. It just seems so silly, she's much more prepared than my boy was when he started, he used to run out of the ring etc. She's totally focussed and loves it so much. Every time I think about it I get really nervous and it's not for a couple of weeeks yet. Maybe it's excitement and I just think it's nerves. I'm very familiar with the deep breath routine, I'll maybe try an oxygen mask instead :biggrin:

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my babes first show. She was an absolute star and I couldn't have asked more, we got E'd in both novice runs, totally my fault as i didn't wait until she was commited and forced her to take the wrong jumps and she had a great run in inter with a few poles down. She was so hyper when she came off that I've got the scars to prove it :mecry:

Can't wait for her next one in a couple of weeks.

Well, Bella had her second show yesterday and I'm so pleased with her, no clear rounds yet but she got every contact and weave so I'm chuffed to bits with her. Just one pole down in inter jumping.

My crowning moment though was when my other dog kai (3 yr old mongrel) got a 10th place in inter jumping, I was so proud of him. My OH was working yesterday so I ran his 2 dogs as well. I did 11 runs in total :wacko: , feet and legs are killing me today :mecry: .

I think I can honestly say I'm now totally addicted to agility, but surely that's not such a bad thing :laugh: