UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Agility Kit

Pingu

I know someone who has the A Frame and it is good and sturdy but just not so tall.

I Have some "First Contact" competition weaves and our club have just bought a 2nd See Saw and a replacement Dogwalk from them.

They have a web site but I cannot find it - Ill look.

I have a see saw. It is fine for the garden, but it isn't suitable to leave outside in all weathers and I don't know if it would take repeated use by rottweilers. My dogs only weigh 13.5 / 14kg.

In my opinion the storm and max stuff is good for home use but not suitable for a club. I assume that the premier stuff is KC quality? You could also try adams agility they are at adamsagility dot co dot uk.

Storm and Max customer service was good - if you contact Sue she may be able to make something bespoke for you?

I have a see saw. It is fine for the garden, but it isn't suitable to leave outside in all weathers and I don't know if it would take repeated use by rottweilers. My dogs only weigh 13.5 / 14kg.

In my opinion the storm and max stuff is good for home use but not suitable for a club. I assume that the premier stuff is KC quality? You could also try adams agility they are at adamsagility dot co dot uk.

Those were my thoughts too.

It's hard to tell from photos, but I would doubt that the equipment would be robust enough for heavy dogs, although I have no personal experience of it.

I can also recommend

www.adamsagility.co.uk.

Pam

wont touch adams with a barge pole

ripped me off for £200 the other year.

paid for kit.. never delivered. They said they did but I think I would have spotted a 6ft A frame hanging about.

Really!

We have regular dealings with them, as do most of the people I know, and Chris has always been great to deal with, and very generous too, as I found out this week.

Sounds more like missing in transit to me rather than a deliberate rip off.

Did you take it to the Small Claims Court?

Pam

Really!

We have regular dealings with them, as do most of the people I know, and Chris has always been great to deal with, and very generous too, as I found out this week.

Sounds more like missing in transit to me rather than a deliberate rip off.

Did you take it to the Small Claims Court?

Pam

nope

they said delivered.. I said not.. they said yes I said no...

went on for a bit and then I ordered from Premier

I've got First Contact see saw which is good, and they also do all show equipment for UKA so know their stuff. Also worth contacting Ray Amps at RVA- got some really good channel weaves from them, as good qual as premier but a fair bit cheaper(would say First Contact not as polished but not much in it). RVA website on Agilitynet. Got an A-frame from storm etc place- damaged in transit which they weren't interested in and very flimsy- isn't it funny how everyone has diff experiences of people? :)

funny you say that actually because i really dont like the first contact stuff. i was at the uka week for the first 3 days and dudley slipped off the seesaw quite a few times and i saw loads of dogs slip off the other contact stuff. i went straight to aylesbury from uka and they had rva stuff and you really noticed how much more grip was on them.

There was one see saw that lots of dogs didn't like so were jumping or 'falling' off. They took that out of comission as soon as it was estblished as a problem. Unfortunately then a few dogs had a hang up about see saws by then. I honestly can't see any differnce in the grip on them and other makes or that more than usual dogs were slipping on contacts . Club recently had dogs start jumping off their premier see saw- whencarefully checked was discovered it needed repairing in a very minor way, amazing how sensitive some dogs are to the slightest difference in the way the see saw drops :)