UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

I want to start a couple of new threads today as I am concerned that everything on Refuge tends to end up on RMF which makes it difficult for people to keep track of things they want to hear about, or to ignore things which don't interest them.

Good point, I think we've developed a touch of new-thread-a-phobia rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Good point, I think we've developed a touch of new-thread-a-phobia rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I think you're right. I can never think of anything that's interesting enough to warrant starting a new thread though :laugh: I will wrack my brains to think of something interesting. How about a Christmas thread *ducks for cover*

Griff :GroupHug:

Melf - I'm so sorry :GroupHug:

RMF : I am fecking fuming. You might remember last week I posted about someone I know who, as novice dog owners, went out and got themselves a 3 year old GSD bitch, against the pound's advice as she has "issues". They have now decided they don't have the time (or can't be arsed) to put into training her and they are considering sending her back to the rescue.

I told them last week they needed a behaviourist as an absolute minimum, but they don't want to spend the money. They are going on holiday in two weeks and leaving her with the bloke's brother, who also has no dog experience. I have told her in no uncertain terms what I think and that she was foolish to take the dog on in the first place. I have also told her that if she takes the dog back to the pound, it could get PTS, so will suggest some GSD rescues that she can try, who will rehome her with someone who is a bit more savvy.

If anyone knows of any GSD rescues with a no PTS policy, please can you let me know so I can pass the details on?

RMF : I am fecking fuming. You might remember last week I posted about someone I know who, as novice dog owners, went out and got themselves a 3 year old GSD bitch, against the pound's advice as she has "issues". They have now decided they don't have the time (or can't be arsed) to put into training her and they are considering sending her back to the rescue.

I told them last week they needed a behaviourist as an absolute minimum, but they don't want to spend the money. They are going on holiday in two weeks and leaving her with the bloke's brother, who also has no dog experience. I have told her in no uncertain terms what I think and that she was foolish to take the dog on in the first place. I have also told her that if she takes the dog back to the pound, it could get PTS, so will suggest some GSD rescues that she can try, who will rehome her with someone who is a bit more savvy.

:ohmy: that is bloody terrible...it's a dog, not a pair of shoes that you have decided you don't like :angry: what the hell goes through peoples heads???

Rumpole :GroupHug:

Alex - yes I do remember the rescue GSD posts. Such a shame to see this has gone this way. Hope you can find a decent rescue to take her on.

Owl, it is a sin not to like chocolate.

RMF I have found noooooo customers for my charity cakes - 6 slices went up the stairs to Finance this morning. :biggrin:

RMF2 I am waiting and waiting and waiting for some news - which could be good or bad - and the day of 'the news' keeps moving, but the word is it is today. The lack of news at the moment is making me very twitchy!

sorry to hear about your Uncle Rumpole

I too am guilty of only really posting in here as I feel nothing gets read much outside RMF ( which I am also guilty of )

Jazz currently we need Conforming gauze bandage but are okay for everything else

My RMF is that I am trying to do 267 things at once and getting none of them done , they are all dogstar related so I am going to sit down and count them ( they may be less that 267 in truth ) and make a list of them and start at item 1 till I am done laugh.gif

My other RMF is I am going to start a new thread instead of posting something else in here biggrin.gif

im glad you asked

so sorry rumpole xxx

now you lot! you know the drill! on your knees and start praying please, a few at the back didnt last week. :laugh:

the man is due anytime to fix the washing machine. so. we want the right part, and hes able to actually fix it. if not, a new machine please

all together now, hands together ..........

Bit more than an RMF but ...I have a very new baby GRANDAUGHTER born around 12.30pm weighing 8lbs 9oz. :biggrin: It was a C section - last minute one but safest way to get the little (ish) one out.

Her name is Eden :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS born on her big brother's fourth birthday

Rumpole :GroupHug:

Congrats on the new arrival :flowers:

I don't know how but Talyn has managed to de-stuff a kong in about 5mins. It was a huge XL one stuffed with naturediet type food and it's completely clean. My idea of keeping him somewhat occupied whilst getting him to put on some weight is no longer working, I will have to start freezing them.

Pets at home were also selling some busy buddy toys reduced at the weekend so he also has some puzzle toys with kibble in to entertain him for a bit longer.....

Edited by khanu

is conforming gauze bandage like vet wrap???

i might be able to buy a few rolls of that :flowers:

its not quite the same thing , this explains a bit more

http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/products/section.asp?cat=FCBNCO

i

now you lot! you know the drill! on your knees and start praying please, a few at the back didnt last week. :laugh:

the man is due anytime to fix the washing machine. so. we want the right part, and hes able to actually fix it. if not, a new machine please

all together now, hands together ..........

I am praying really really hard for you now

Bit more than an RMF but ...I have a very new baby GRANDAUGHTER born around 12.30pm weighing 8lbs 9oz. :biggrin: It was a C section - last minute one but safest way to get the little (ish) one out.

Her name is Eden :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS born on her big brother's fourth birthday

Congratulations to you all Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif