UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fear Agression

griff

just thought i would update you all on my lads progess using the fear agression remedy.

we have been to the vets three times since he has been on it... he walked through the practice once with no barking, we sat in the waitng room with a little poodle with no barking or lunging and we sat in the waiting room (we were the only people there and out appointement was 5.30 but we didn't get to see the vet until 6.10) and a dog came in.. the dog appeared quite nervous and lanes barked once..no lunging :biggrin: then another dog came in.. he was fine... another dog came in and started a fight..1 bark and he lay down when asked to :biggrin: then another dog came in and sat next to him!!!!! he wasn't dead chuffed that there was a dog that close to him but he lay down and didn't bark or growl :biggrin:

last night we were out for our walk and i ran into our neighbour with their cav pup.. i crossed the road as my lad is big and i didn't want to scare the pup, he was fine though, let me shout hello and looked at the puppy and didn't show any sign of going mad, then we ran into a lady who isn't keen on staffs and staff crosses and as her dog is a yappy dog i again crossed the road.. true to form her dog began barking and lunging (she didn't try to correct the dog!) and i just told lanes to walk on and he did.. again no barking or lunging. before he would have been lunging and barking as soon as he saw the dog and if it had barked back well god help me! i would have been hanging on for dear life. i actually enjoy our walks now and it is nice not to feel upset or disappointed in him but to be able to sit in the vets with other dogs in close proximity has really pleased me... the staff have noticed a change in him too and one receptionist has taken to praising him after each visit!

has anyone else using it noticed a difference yet??

In our house these are know as "Dickhead Drops" rolleyes.gif

Have seen a small difference in daylight, on lead. In the dark she is just as bad.

Have not met any strange dogs off lead yet so can't comment. Will report back when we do. Chester for the weekend with some other GWP's so we are bound to bump into strange doglets there.

Never got the original bottle. Did anyone else??????

:laugh: the names you lot have for them are hilarious... i only remember as i put reminders in my mobile phone :biggrin: well the big doofus is in with the vet..... we may have a torn cruciate on our hands...not what he needs along with his other probs :mecry: but he saw 3 dogs in the waiting room and i did expect that this morning he would do his nut as he was in pain but nothing :huh: a wee dog de bordeaux puppy was telling him off and he just sat there looking at her :wub: his onlead behaviour is so much better although i do keep waiting for his old persona to reappear :unsure:

I came on to see if anyone had noticed an improvement in their dog's behaviour.

Have to say I'm pleased, Maddie seems more relaxed generally. We've had a fairly quiet couple of weeks anyway because Holly had stitches in her paw so walks have been mainly in the fields on softer ground. so not on the busier footpaths.

She's been much less reactive when noticing other dogs even from the back of the car.Today she spotted a lab in the playing fields when we went for a runaround with the ball. Usually that would have been enought to trigger off some barking but nothing happened, she just chased her ball and totally ignored the other dog. A few weeks ago I would have put her on her lead and waited till they had left the playing fields. I feel much more relaxed taking her out. So glad I tried these on her.

AnnS