UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

If he likes a project Cher, he would love my hallway and stairs, lots of finger marks at different levels of kids growing up :biggrin: Could you send him to me when he has finished your hall :unsure:

I can assure you that having had 5 kids and now 6 grandkids and having been a nanny and childminder for many years he is well used to covering up mucky fingerprints!! :laugh: We also have a "tide mark" and several large greasy patches where dogs walk along and lean against the walls. They all had to be scrubbed before painting! We solved the eternal problem of a dirty tide mark along the hallway by putting up imitation wood wall boards that scrub down really easily, but the landing gets bad as that is Ebbi's favourite place to lay because she can see out of the hall window. Perhaps pale yellow is not the ideal colour, :unsure: perhaps dark brown might be better !! :laugh: x

Edited by ranirottie

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking at lovely artwork by Lisa Ballard of Dream Dog Paintings listed on Pro Galgo's picture auction, for anyone that's interested

http://galgogossip.freeforums.org/under-the-hammer-f16.html

oh my lord they are stunning , I will have to join up to make a few bids ( I know GS would love one )

Afternoon

I've been watching episodes of Rosemary Shrager and Escape To The Country.

It's been a lovely day here. Sunny and bright if a bit chilly.

Scooby has been playing with Bracken.

Lindsey really sorry for all you have to deal with. Your mum is lucky to have you there making sure she takes the tablets. :GroupHug:

Oh yes and I got a letter today saying I need to go for a medical examination to continue to receive incapacity benefit. So I'll be popping along there on 13th November. Bloke I spoke to on the phone (to book the appointment) tried to talk to me like I was an idiot. I've noticed that with every person I've had to deal with at the benefits, job agencies too.

Oh yes and I got a letter today saying I need to go for a medical examination to continue to receive incapacity benefit. So I'll be popping along there on 13th November. Bloke I spoke to on the phone (to book the appointment) tried to talk to me like I was an idiot. I've noticed that with every person I've had to deal with at the benefits, job agencies too.

These are not my favourite people at the moment :angry:

Had a letter today, after 12 weeks of waiting, saying that I wasn't eligible for mobility allowance (DWP) even though I qualify for a blue badge for my car (county council) :rolleyes:

As I can manage to walk 50 yards, even though it takes me forever and I have to use my GTN spray, I am considered not to be mobility compromised - WTF :rolleyes:

All they have used to make this decision is the information I provided on the form, even though I stated that my consultant and GP supported my application, and I gave their names and addresses etc for DWP to contact them to gain a full medical opinion :angry:

If they gave me a medical the doctor performing that would be instantly able to see that I do fulfill their criteria for the benefit.

Now I have to write an appeal letter stating why I disagree with their decision and probably wait another 12 weeks for a new decision.

As my SSP runs out in a few weeks I will then have to apply for incapacity benefit and fill out another long form with all the same information on again :rolleyes:

All they have used to make this decision is the information I provided on the form, even though I stated that my consultant and GP supported my application, and I gave their names and addresses etc for DWP to contact them to gain a full medical opinion :angry:

If they gave me a medical the doctor performing that would be instantly able to see that I do fulfill their criteria for the benefit.

Now I have to write an appeal letter stating why I disagree with their decision and probably wait another 12 weeks for a new decision.

I've had training on completing this form, and was told that the staff have approximately 7 minutes to assess the claim. We gat a lot of these turned down and have to go to appeal :mad: makes me very angry that genuine needy people are held up in this way. Do you have an advice centre or anyone helping you? A lot of it is down to knowing how to phrase things, and beware of the fact that if is the first review (rather that an apeal) they will phone you out of the blue when you are not prepared, and then probably turn you down again. You need someone fighting your corner. Your local benefits advice line may be able to assist :flowers:

Good luck with that :flowers:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the RDR guess the mileage competition has a wonderful prize for any that need a little break donated by Sam's Mum which is

Either a long weekend or a week in a holiday cottage at St Ives, Cornwall.

This is to be taken in either December 2008, January or February 2009.

(more details here.....

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?show...=43300&hl=)

It's only £1 for 5 guesses so an absolute winner for someone!!!

xx