UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Nice Kind Knitters Out There?

wiccaweys

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertie and Gertie (and of course you and Paul) are very welcome.

We set up Sootys Dog Stuff for two reasons. One was as a memorial for a tiny dog with a huge heart who made a massive impact on us in the short time we were privileged to have her. (Long time members of the Refuge have often been bored to death with my threads about her).

Our long term goal is to be able to help fund dog rescues, especially with sick and severely neglected dogs. Whether we will be able to achieve this we don't know, the current economic climate is not the best for a relatively new venture, we will just have to wait and see.

Sooty looked liked this when we first got her:

sooty13.jpg

sooty14.jpg

So you can probably see why Bertie and Gertie particularly pulled at our heart strings. We can't do a whole lot at the moment, but what we could do was get them comfortable and warm and make sure that when (if) they go off to their forever home, they have their own 'stuff'.

We're glad that you are all happy with their early Christmas presents, it gave us a good feeling to send them, so our thanks go to you all for giving us that gift. (Though I think Sarah that they may have been wriggling a bit when you measured them for their jumpers, as they seem to be a little oversized)

here's hoping that they go from strength to strength now that they are in your very capable hands.

Take care

Carole

Awww, Carole, thank you. :flowers:

(Though I think Sarah that they may have been wriggling a bit when you measured them for their jumpers, as they seem to be a little oversized)

Paul did the measuring.... :rolleyes: I knew I shouldn't have left it to him. :wacko:

I think I will remeasure when he isn't looking, just in case. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For all Bertie & Gertie fans we have great pleasure in announcing they have found a fantastic new home!

They left the building today.

Here they are just before setting off with their new daddies.

Look at their coats grown back!

fridgemonkeys02.jpg

I just adore my little Fridge Monkeys, and I am :partytime: for them...

but a bit :crying_anim: for myself. :rolleyes:

Oh Sarah ..... That's lovely. Those poor little dogs wouldn't be around if you hadn't saved them and now they have the chance of a wonderful life. I always had a sneaking suspicion they might be staying at Wiccaweys towers but I guess even you and Paul have limits.

Good luck in your new life, Bertie and Gertie.

And hooray for another Wiccaweys success story.

Diane